Y&R Discussion for the week of 9/27

• Members

The problem is always that they have these bright shiny toys they want to keep without knowing what to do with them. They clearly had no idea what to do with Adam and only brought him back because they like Muhney. It's just so pointless.

It would be one thing if TPTB were able to write and write and write for their favorites. Even if I hated the material I would understand that. But they don't know anywhere to take these people. No wonder the actors seem to have stopped the constant fawning in the press over the glories of MAB and company. I don't really understand anything the show is doing.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Certain viewers (and most soap critics) will RAVE about Maura for 6 months then will make excuses for TPTB (and Maura) when they write Diane WAY OOC to service the plot then finally they will blame everyone (including Maura) when she ultimately fails.

Examples Vincent Irizarry, Stacy Haiduk, Stephen Nichols, John Driscoll, Darius McCrary, Clementine Ford, Jeff Branson.

• Members

I understand and agree with what you're saying here, Julia. Even if I thought Adam should be redeemed, 1) the road toward that redemption, thus far, hasn't been long or rocky enough; and 2) a relationship w/ Sharon should never be the end result. Hell, we shouldn't even be talking about pairing Adam w/ anyone at all for at least another year.

• Members

Let's say you're right, and that MM and SC's chemistry is too undeniable to be ignored. Maureen Garrett (ex-Holly) and Michael Zaslow (ex-Roger) had amazing chemistry, too, on GUIDING LIGHT, even after Roger had raped Holly. Did that mean Roger and Holly should've reunited in the end? IMO, absolutely not. It was wonderful how their chemistry and history always colored scenes between the two. However, I would never endorse pairing a man with a woman he victimized, either physically or psychologically. Not even if I were to acknowledge the sickness of that relationship and, in the case of women like Holly and Sharon, have them seek professional help in order to put an end to the relationship once and for all. Otherwise, what kind of message am I, as a HW or EP, sending into the homes of my female viewers? (Yes, I realize it's "just a soap," but I'd feel obligated to educate my viewers and not just entertain 'em. That's my sickness, and I can't help it, lol.)

• Members

By the way, I won't even talk about Maura West as nuDiane, b/c I know the whole damn thing will implode, sooner or later; and everyone involved in making this fiasco a reality will look like even bigger idiots than before.

• Members

Carl, don't try to understand what the show is doing because they don't understand it themselves!!! :lol: Would you like to join me in my cancellation notice countdown!! :lol: Ok, just kidding there for a second, but sadly I don't believe I am way offbase with that thought if this S*** keeps up. So MAB better get it together, I want her to do better.

I am actually looking forward to Shadam, it is exactly what Sharon deserves and no one will ruin it for me. I have waited years. :P

Archived