Y&R Discussion for the week of 9/27

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, isn't poor Maura supposed to be popping up here soon? I don't know why maria and co. can't grasp the concept that you are NOT going to siphon ATWT viewers over to your show by bringing on their ACTORS! It's a noble concept to try and snag some of ATWT viewers, but if you want to do that, then do it RIGHT, and sit down and hammer out a deal with P&G to bring the actor AND the character over to Y&R. THAT might have some effect.

• Members

It's very ironic. TL, however, possessed a natural cockiness and swagger, and that's always attractive, regardless of sexual orientation. Billy Miller might have it, too, but I think he lacks intelligence, which TL also seemed to have in spades.

• Members

PB has never been good with sexy/romantic scenes. The romance comes off as saccharine and disingenuous, mainly because Jack has a new "One True Wuv" every few weeks. And the sexy isn't very sexy. I'm not quite sure why because, as Cheap said, PB does look pretty good for his age (apart from his purple supertan). He also can wear the heck out of a suit. Perhaps it is because Jack comes off as a self-righteous windbag and blowhard? PB is better in business confrontation scenes where they demand roaring monologues of that kind.

Terry Lester, by contrast, had the most efficient dialogue because he acted entirely with his eyes, his face, his body. He came across as a very sensual actor, very comfortable in his own skin as he lounged about in John's office, his feet on his father's desk. I don't think it matters what sexuality an actor is as long as he is a good actor, and Lester perfectly captured "Jack the Lad." Mainly because every time a woman walked into the room, you could literally see Lester's Jack undressing them with his eyes. Maybe it shows just how universal the expression of human desire is! :lol:

Archived