September 13-17, 2010

Toups

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks

Oh well at least they beat DOOL, AMC and OLTL. ATWT should have beaten GH too but I think many didnt return cause of the mess Goutman and Pissy did to ATWT. I did expect ATWT numbers much higher than GL's. I cant believe ATWT ending with the same numbers as GL. At least ATWT ended at #4 in Total Viewers and HH's...although I would have liked them better at #2 or #3 in total viewers and HHs.

• Members

I'm not sure if there is necesarily a threshold, as much as most of us on here (and I'm guilty of this myself) talk. I think it's always more complex--ie obviously one reason ATWT was so quickly canceled after GL was the fact P&G wanted out. That's why in the grand old OLTL vs AMC debate on here (and I honestly think it's fairly arbitrary which goes first at this point), I don't buy the argument that one .1 mark higher in the demos for OLTL means that ABC will chop AMC first.There are so many factors at play... (though, sadly, I think it's safe to say GH is much safer--for a myriad of reasons--than either of this shows, etc).

Click the link ;)

Word. The only way I could see a slight rise is if somehow they counted the people who watch the youtube uploads, etc. But it really wouldn't be significant. but yeah, I don't see any steady drops either--just a slow withering away.

Also, the As finale was far less hyped in the media, it seemed. When I posted RIP ATWT on my facebook I actually got more than five replies from people shocked it was canceled! they had no idea!

• Members

:unsure: Why? The soaps aren't really any better or worse than they were last year at this point, quality wise (which IS shameful, they should be trying their hardest to improve)... And it's not like we've discovered a new Internet or something to shanghai large audience numbers all at once, away. They're still mediocre. I could argue some points--I think AMC is much better right now than it was this time last year, I think OLTL is much worse--but it doesn't make a big difference and it makes even less of a difference with the numbers.

• Members

Well, seeing the ratings explains why there was no press release for ABC. Horrible.

I really don't know what they have to do to fix things at the daytime Mouse House. An executive change might be nice for us haters, but would even that bring enough changes to draw back viewers? Doubtful. Stunt casting doesn't seem to be working. Sleazing up the tv screens hasn't really been helping either. It's a shame, that's all.

• Members

What is the problem that viewers have with DAYS? I think the show has been excellent the last several weeks, yet their ratings are in one of the worst slumps they've ever been in. Where did their audience go? What made them stop watching?

You would think just because a show can't have their A-Game on every weekday of the year that viewers would be a little more lenient. I really hope if the show is cancelled in the near future that ex-fans don't bitch about it, or swarm back for the final weeks.

• Members

Ditto..it's nice to see

ATWT

Friday: 2.1/2,846,000

It ended in 3rd place for Friday and was close to beating B&B on Friday. So that makes me happy.

Surprised and not surprised by Monday's numbers. This week was much weaker than last week..thus drop in HHs and viewers on Monday. There was way too much Janet on ...no one cared or gave a damn about her baby. ATWT had a drop on Thursday for the babys birth in total viewers. Had Monday's show been higher ATWT would have broken the 2.0 mark.

To the very end Goutman never got ATWT and what it was all about.

• Members

2.1 ws the 'magic' number for CBS to renew the show and, for the final episode, ATWT hit it. Shocked that the final week was not stronger but, in reality, it was badly done and slightly painful to watch. The final week of GL was far better and, all things considered, that is a sad thing. Still, I expected longtime fans to check back in at the end. ATWT has been unable to break 1.9 for about one year no matter the stunt or hype. It does seem as if all the soaps have hit some sort of baseline low 'cause the weekly ratings are so consistant. PGP wanted OUT, they took the number 3 show from 2007-8 and trashed it by firing cast, giving poor story and way to many recasts. Last season was so bad it does not suprise me that there has been a year to date gain. With a new regime, the gains might have been higher.

I really expected the final week to rate high. Soap mags, which most people see while waiting in line at the market, were talking about the end of the World and there was even a special edition put out. ATWT is so old that the vast majority of soap watchers have watched at least one episode and have some sort of knowledge regarding vets. Thought that OLTL viewers, cable watchers, web users to flip over and see how the show was being wrapped up. I was wrong. Just a few years ago, big story reveals would take a chunk of a competing show. What has changed?

I agree with Eric on .2 in demos not making any material difference to ABC as they examine OLTL and ABC. Whatever show turns out cheaper to produce will live. Also, Frons will certainly try to retain top talent by shifting a few characters to either Pine Valley or LLanview. I do have this bad feeling that AMC is the new ATWT and doomed to last place. I actually liked the Pratt's vision more than the current regine and the ratings were stronger. Hardcore fans seem to enjoy the show more now so maybe I am missing something.

• Members

Doesn't surprise me at all that ATWT went out with a whimper...the show had really loyal fans, they never deserted the show, so when it came to the end, there really weren't many people who had to return to see the show off.

The numbers for DAYS are hideous and the show is really watchable. I don't know what they can do to fix that issue.

B&B's numbers are reflective of the state of the show. It isn't great, but it's decent.

Archived