September 13-17, 2010

Toups

• Members

I remember there being talk that PGP felt GL to be stronger than ATWT and that they hoped CBS would ax World first. I never really thought about it but PGP was correct. GL had varying time slots across the nation, had been dropped in a few markets, and often had to go up against strong talk shows yet still pulled in steady numbers before the switch to hand held cam and the great outdoors. ATWT had the benefit of a steady time slot following the #1 and #2 rated soaps yet was never able to capitalize on this advantage and retain CBS daytime viewers. Can you imagine if ATWT had a weaker lead and what the ratings might have been? ATWT had been riding on B&B's coat tails for a long time. GL had to draw in viewers without any such adavantage and did well all things considered. I'll even admit that the final week of GL was far better than the wrap of of World.

I can't figure out why GH does so well--I'm only a part time viewer and the show bores me. Would a fan please explain to me why the show is currently thriving? I'm floored regaring how Days has tanked and GH has risen.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ABC surely must come to its senses soon. You really can't be a cleverer network by keeping shows with a 1.8 network while all of your competition is cancelling those with higher ratings points than that. If The Talk is successful, they'll really have to consider ditching both All My Cr*p and One Litter to Live.

And hopefully the stupid but fabulous decision by the WGA will speed up the process. smile.gif

• Members

unsure.gif

You know, when you look at daytime as a whole, it's kind of jaw-dropping (or not really) to realize that soaps were only great for a small, small part of their existence. In 50+ years of ATWT, how much of that half a century was marked by very good or great storytelling? A percentage?

• Members

Really? I haven't seen that in a while. All I saw was the latest OMG! Hilarious! spoiler, poking fun of the sh!t you see on TV and so on. I really saw very little debating about the fabulosity of today's soap stories.

And here's one for you: dry.gif.

rolleyes.gif

However, if you think that "clever" irony should be aimed at me, think again. Think what it says about you.

Archived