OLTL looking to recast a Buchanan

• Members

SOD is reporting OLTL wants to recast the role of Joey Buchanan.

The Search Is On For OLTL's Joey!

ONE LIFE TO LIVE has put out a casting call for Viki and Clint's adult son Joey. The contract role is described as "mid to late 30s, extremely good-looking, successful, warm, kind, charming, finance guy." The last actor to play the role was CASTLE star Nathan Fillion, who popped in for two episodes in 2007 and had previously filled Joey's shoes from 1994-97. When OLTL was looking to recast the role last year, Daniel Cosgrove (Chris, ATWT et al) was up for the part, but reportedly turned it down. Joey was once paired in a popular romance with Gina Tognoni's Kelly, and in an upcoming issue of Digest, OLTL Head Writer Ron Carlivati teases, "Our thoughts for Kelly are turning to romance." Hmm...

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

Maybe theyll cast someone from ATWT.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It would be nice to see Joey again. I hope they will cast Chris McKenna and not just randomly hire yet another guy who would best be served as an underwear model, or just hire someone like Cosgrove, who is good but has been cast in this type of role so many times already he no longer plays a character.

Kelly/Joey always made me cringe, no matter who played Joey. I'd love to see Joey again but I hate to think of who he could be paired with.

• Members

I'm attached to Nathan Fillion as Joey -- and to his lingering feelings for Dorian! But yeah, Nathan Fillion was so sweetly sexy in the role. Plus he's always been loyal to OLTL, even given all his Primetime success, including coming back for Asa's funeral and whatnot. I know OLTL has to move on from this one actor and stuff but... it is a bit of a slap in the face. Oh, well.

Cheap, Greg Vaughan is a good idea but I think he is tied indefinitely to LA, where his family is.

I was going to suggest Austin Peck but 1. he is not universally loved by soap viewers, 2. he gives off a "dumb lug" vibe which was NOT Joey and 3. he might look younger than even Gina Tognoni, let alone La Strasser.

How about OLTL let Gina go and she hustle on over to Y&R as the Victoria recast? :lol:

• Members

My first thought was Austin Peck as well. I think he'd be perfect. I'm not on board with Kelly/Joey pairing though. If Kelly needs romance, can you bring back Dan Gauthier as Kevin and let them get back together? It's just kinda gross to think of Kelly/Joey, then Kelly/Kevin, then Kelly/Kevin's son Duke, then Kelly/Joey again. Just eww. Although kelly/Joey could be referred to as Jelly, so that could be fun =)

Archived