OLTL looking to recast a Buchanan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would still like to see Jeff Branson after he finishes Y&R become the new Joey. He and Gina had great chemistry on GL and would love to see him kick JP's ass. :lol:

I bet Greg Vaughan would be a good match if they insist on pairing Joey with Kelly.

But what about Dylan Bruce (the other ex-Chris, ATWT)?

• Members

They've had some great Kevins and Joeys in the past, it's truly disappointing when they take that for granted and [!@#$%^&*] it up. If I had one criticism, it would be that the show has been all over the place with Viki's boys, more consistency with their characters and less variation based on regime would have kept them strong and ALWAYS on the canvas in my opinion. I think all of the recasting and personality ping ponging of Kevin in part weakened him and made him less formidable a presence on the show, and more importantly, against Todd. If we'd had one single strong fan favorite Kevin for, say, a decade, it would have been a lot harder for tptb and a lot less tolerable for the viewers to drive the Todd agenda. No offense to him, but I think hiring Jack Armstrong was the first mistake (or second, if firing Kirk Geiger was the first). JA was like TSJ as Kevin, a bit of an arrogant country club pretty boy prick, he didn't have those shades of darkness and brood that KG had that made him better equipped against Todd. I think that characterization was the first mini-blow to Kevin, and then of course Ken Kenitzer and suddenly it was about how to fix what they royally eff'd up leading to three more decent recasts but with flawed uneven writing and the ever-growing propping and popularity of Todd.

• Members

It would be nice if Frons/OLTL could actually be happy with the past and bring it back in a good way instead of ignoring or destroying it.

As for Kevin, firing Geiger was a big mistake, but I think they managed to get the character in a decent place with Kevin Stapleton. The death blow to Kevin was JFP's hiring Tim Gibbs and turning him into the creep of Llanview. I think many viewers were repulsed by him and that left a taint on the character. Then after that of course the show started making sure viewers knew that the loveable woman-beating rapist was the only important man in Viki's life, so Kevin was finished.

Archived