Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Margaret Michaels replaced Victoria for a few episodes. I posted a clip of her on this thread.

We never saw her die like Bobby. She said that she didnt want to go back with them only to see them suffer again since she only had a few months to live(she was going to die anyways from her accident). And thats the last we heard of Pam.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah

Exactly. Those stories are always so tricky and usually given to very sympathetic characters who look like total selfish c u next Tuesdays for ditching their beloved children. I'm thinking of AMC's Dixie as well.

• Members

Cheap, Pam had plastic surgery after her crash but also knew that she was dying. That's why she didn't want to go back to Dallas, presumably, not to cause Christopher, Cliff, and maybe even Bobby, the pain of seeing her die instead of just telling them the truth and resting on the strength of her family. They could always say that Pam survived and had more surgery to look like her old self (once we see VP's well-preserved visage, that won't be too hard to swallow).

This is probably what Soapsuds posted:

To make things even more complicated, they hired the same actress to play a Pam lookalike to catch Bobby's eye.

• Members
the thing is though that Dallas hasnt been on the air in nearly 2 decades (not including the reuinion stuff). They couldnt pretend as if she and Chris had a relationship in all that time? Now that he's grown and near 30, she isnt needed, but I wish they had acknowledged that she was a mother to him growing up bc really they had plenty of leeway to do so

BTW, thanks for the clips. Never saw that woman in the role

• Members

You know, you make an interesting point, because if they wanted to, they could have been really cagey about Pam and referred to her in shady ways that didn't tip dead or alive. For all we know, Pam could have come back a couple years ago and it's a very strained "We don't really talk about it" type situation and she just pops up at Southfork one episode totally stunning the original audience, like, "Wait, WHAT!?" But now we're in a position where if she returns they've got to play all that backstory.

• Members

LOL. Principal Secret does wonders for Pam Ewing. Love it.

I don't have a hard time imagining it either. Victoria Principal is a very, very smart person. I can see it now, all the bathrooms in the show have Principal Secret products on the vanities, billboards in city shots feature Principal Secret ads...if that's what it takes to get her back, absolutely.

Really, Victoria Principal would be an amazing shot in the arm for this show and I think everyone behind the scenes knows it.

• Members

Has anyone tried watching this on TNT.com? They are asking for my cable provider username and i.d. and I don't know what the hell they're talking about or how I go about geting one.wacko.png I knew the day would come when all of these cable stations would stop putting their stuff online without making you jump through hoops. I wonder if A&E online is still so user friendly with its Intervention and Hoarders reruns.

Archived