Y&R: Week of September 7-9

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If he keeps turning beet red he could pass for a doorknob...

The whole thing is so contrived. It's yet another instance of Sheffer and friends being ashamed of soaps and wanting to try to show us how daring they are by ripping off primetime shows that were hip years ago. And yet I'm sure we will hear a lot of hype about how awesome this wedding was and how cool the gruesome twosome are.

• Administrator

Victoria/Billy are truly an awful couple - there's nothing likable about them. They are so badly written, there's so much nonsense (the tattoos, the doorknob, the old tv shows).

And how can Nikki not know there's alcohol in her drinks?? Come on! What another stupid storyline!

• Members

I stopped watching when Chris Engen was still in the role so it's kinda hard for me to picture them together. I do know that from everything I've read here and heard from other people who do still watch the show, the new guy, Michael something, is not as well liked as he would like to believe he is. :lol: He's a legend in his own mind.

I don't miss the wars. Not even a little. And yeah, I do still wish for Shick someday. But only after someone throws MAB out a window with all her other little cronies (or not so little in Hogan's case).

• Members

with the exception of Stafford's voiceovers... I liked today for the most part. The two BEST parts.. Rafe and Phillip, of COURSE!! I loved how Thom raised his eyebrow in that "Ahh... fresh meat!" reaction. Yani had that cute... "Oh really... I know you want to fu@k me" look on his face. nice onscreen chemistry with thsoe two. Number two... NOW... BIG FREAKING milestone today.. in the Nikki/Victoria scene, they pulled out one of the 70's background music pieces! I just about fell out of my chair! They haven't used that cue in over 20 years!!! i'm crapping myself with delight... the background music geek that I am.

• Members

There's a lot of hype for them among those who write about Y&R and want to find something to like about the show, so that trickles down to fans. They seem to have a mixed reaction, at best, in a number of places. I don't think they are as popular as the show expected, and the more the show strongarms the less popular they become. Of course in the end it's not about this couple anyway, as Victoria is meaningless. It's about trying yet again to make Billy Miller a star, and shoving him into the husk that was the Newman family.

• Members

That's exactly what it was about. The Abbotts were totally diminished in yesterday's episode as a family not "worthy" of Billy's loyalty. Instead, the episode was mostly about the Newmans and what the Newmans felt about the relationship. Especially Victor, as everybody quaked in fear over his reaction.

And WTF was with the voiceover and the rejected stage set from Desperate Housewives? WTF is CBS promoting a show on one of its rival networks?!

You know, people have dissed John Driscoll ever since he came on as Chance, but I never thought he was bad. And yesterday, I think the character sort of came into his own. In a few short scenes with Delia, kissing her little neck and whatnot, Chance showed more tenderness and fatherly concern for that child than Chompers has ever shown since her birth. Chance's depth of feeling expressed to Delia, Jill (about Liz -- FINALLY) and Chloe actually made him look like a very strong and anchored character -- not at all the bumbling cop Y&R has painted him as. I was actually rooting for he and Chloe to share a kiss. Why is Y&R down on him again? Oh yeah, because they think gurning, smug, insincere layabouts like Billy and slam-bam thank-you-ma'am emotional fuckwits like Ronan are the epitome of masculinity. :rolleyes:

• Members

It's the same old story with Sheffer. He can only write for sociopaths and creeps and the blame will always be shifted onto the actors who have to play the roles Sheffer isn't interested in.

They have done their best to reinforce how superior Chompers is to the Abbotts since Miller arrived. They rewrote history to make it seem like Billy had few ties to the family. Over and over they told us how superior he was to Jack. They had him yell at John to make sure we knew John was not a real father to him. Yet the character is still worthless. Sheffer, even after what he did to Craig on ATWT, has not learned that tearing other people down does not make a character successful.

Archived