Y&R: Week of September 7-9

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep, she never had more than 6 appearances during a month, and mostly it's either been 4 or 5.

You know, her lack of appearance would be a good thing if the rest of the show was decent. But the rest of the show is worse. I'm trying hard to find one thing that's good about it, but I fail. Again and again.

• Members

I think a big pat of the problem with her that even when she wasnt on, the show was still about her. You had her family, Mac, JT, Jill, etc, always talking about her and she was always being propped up and that didnt require her face to be onscreen. Lily love during the cancer storyline was a bit over the top

but yeah, theres not a single good thing about the show these days. Not a single damn thing. I cant think of anything they are doing right, any actor that is to watch for these days, or anything appealing on the horizon. Usually with a soap, even if its bad, theres at least one thing that might be worth watching, even if it is in small doses, but everything about Y&R seems to be an absolute mess

• Members

Slutteh Mac. Which was in marked contrast with Ashley Bashioum's defensive, abused Mac.

I like Clementine Ford. A lot. But the writing does her NO favors. Mac should have at least a sense of humor. And I like that, no matter what, she is unfailingly decent and fair to others, even when in a state of sadness and despair.

• Members

I think it is in large part due to the writing because, if Ford's interviews are anything to go by, she has loads of personality and has made a brave decision for an actress in Hollywood by publicly coming out, etc. I think Kimsey benefitted by the fact that Jack Smith actively recast Ash Bash with her. He wanted to take Mac in a whole new direction and he had some SL ideas for this new Mac already in his head when he made the decision to fire Bashioum and bring on Kimsey. Bashioum originated the role so Smith really took a stand in getting rid of her for another unknown.

With Ford, however, I think she was only brought on in order to give the Chloe-Billy wedding a cliffhanger final scene and in order to bring closer to the "Jill and Kay are not related" rewrite of a rewrite, you know? TIIC had no plans for her beyond that initial return.

Archived