OLTL: Discussion for the week September 6

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree, of course. This is something daytime does over and over because they are afraid to cast women in their 40's. So instead we get all of these women who look like they gave birth when they were 10. It's annoying and just one more way daytime is refusing to reflect modern society.

• Members

I'm not a Roxy fan by any stretch but even I cheered at seeing her versus more Fords. Plus I liked hearing she's still visiting Sky as I miss him.

As for rest of the show? -2

ML and KDP overacted to compensate for their sucky writing and dialogue.

Making Kelly/Melinda's ashes all about Rex was EPIC Fail. How much more poignant if Dorian accompanied Kelly and they discussed old times, maybe finally show us a little flashback to at least one Kelly/Melinda scenes? RC just never been invested in Kelly's return and GT appears resigned to that now.

• Members

I agree that it would have been very nice of Dorian (and Addie) were there to spread Melinda's ashes and shared some words and memories. That's what families do. Dorian and Melinda came to Llanview together after all, it would have been a nice touch.

• Members

OLTL, please lay off the outdoor scenes. It felt like deja vu watching Gina Tognoni outside and it instantly reminded me of GL. It doesnt help that OLTL looks horrible sandwiched in between GH and AMC

Loved Jack's interactions with Danielle. Todd's house was the best part of the show

When did Chris found out Tea was sick? I was very underwhelmed by his reaction to her death. I really wish realCarlota was on to react

• Members

Although we don't know much about the character, I really like Vivien. I don't think she looks anything like REG as some have said... so far, I want to see more. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE- do not throw her at John. That's the death of many characters...

I think this Tea stuff would be much more emotional (don't get me wrong- I've teared up many times) if we had SEEN her die. But since it happened off screen, it just seems to fall flat. It was much more interesting and emotional when she was around as a part of it...

I used to like Rex, and I have always liked the idea of Rex and [fill in the blank]. But when it comes down it to- it seems to never really stick. I liked him with Lindsay, Jen, Adriana- but not WITH them, if that even makes sense. It's very odd. But I kinda like him with Kelly.... and I've been enjoying Kelly a lot more lately. I just want to put this Melinda story to rest, because it's been overkill. I can't even begin to count how many times poor GT has had to say "my mother's death" or along those lines in the past 6 months. I also think it's kinda nice to see an annoying "leading lady" such as Gigi pushed aside for a core character... but maybe that's just me. It's usually the other way around!

• Members

ITA on Vivian. Nice onscreen charisma.

Another ICAM on Tea. The cancer story and hospice battles hit close to home and I was very moved by the story and especially FL's stellar acting. The aftermath has been anti-climatic, flat and very OOC. Blair sobbing while Cristian shrugs and Todd looks like he lost his puppy instead of his wife. Last week Dani was only one behaving in character spiraling out of control with anger, pain and denial, but alas today she joined OOC crowd.

As for Rex and Kelly, I'm not feeling it but then both of those characters aren't working for me on their own either.

• Members

I dont think OLTL handled any of the 3 deaths very well: Evangeline, Melinda, or Tea. The only thing that can redeem the Tea one is if there is a memorial service like Starr said she was going to plan and Cristian and Carlotta show up. Also Kelly or Blair telling Dorian whats going on with Melindas death would be nice too.

Archived