OLTL: Discussion for the week September 6

• Members

It's about noble Dani and poor poor Nate and how Matthew is bad and they're good. The car accident story was about Matthew and his pain. This story is about other people and how we are supposed to care about them and hiss at evil Matthew.

Destiny is basically meaningless in the story, other than being yet another Nate prop and to show us Matthew's evil ways.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasnt watching when Nate came on but the way Destiny was talking the other day, she said that Nate never stole Dani. I'll have to trust you guys but when I dropped, Matthew had a crush on her and she was attracted but they werent actually dated. I just thought she didnt pursue anything other than their kiss and when Nate came on, she gravitated towards him. Am I wrong? Were Matthew and Dani ever actually boyfriend and girlfriend?

• Members

Right, that's why I put "stealing" in quotes because Dani fell for Nate in spite of her affection for Matt. He really has no one to be "mad" at per se, he should just be disappointed, but you know how irrational love can be. ^_^

The true test of Matt's assholedness is if out of the pain of his rejection and lack of attention, he starts flirting with Destiny for the hell of it just to get her pressed for him again, the ultimate evil, he hits it and quits it. :o Darren would go off.

• Members

Dani painted anything but noble but thanks for the laughs.

Matthew was in that car because he was rejected by another pretty girl and made an emotional, stupid decision. Rejected for second time by a girl he truly cared about, Matthew is lashing out and as Destiny called it "going to the dark side." Matthew does not handle rejection well at all, that's what Destiny pointed out to him.

Destiny looks good in this story so far. She didn't wallow and become a douchebag over being rejected. She gave Darren a chance and had some fun with him.

Destiny also will get a side story as part of the Greg mess as we saw the setup today. Eli's obviously threatening Destiny.

Speaking of prop duty, I had to laugh at RC using Viki to sing Destiny's praises versus allow Dani a scene with her own aunt.

Nate can die tomorrow. I can't stand him.

• Members

Yes but that girl was a bit player. Danielle is supposed to be some major character, the child of the show's beloved Todd and Tea. Ever since Danielle showed up everything Matthew has done has been about her and how we're supposed to like her or feel sorry for her.

It's nice that Destiny is happy but then it's easier to be happy when you have no storyline other than telling viewers how to feel about other characters.

• Members

1.) I did see something between Marty/Greg, but going there just screams fading into the background. Although with Vivian, Greg, and Marty- I would like maybe a focus on the hospital. Starr says she's going for pre-med... maybe she'll work there?

2.) Even though I read spoilers, I feel as though I don't know what's going on. The Tea/Greg/Eli/Todd/etc. stuff is just confusing me. Who's alive? Who's dead? For once I really don't know what's going on...

3.) Cole and James should just fight to the death... hopefully ending in both of their deaths. Then put Starr with Markko when he comes back!

4.) Unpopular opinion- I like Ford... and I think he is good with Langston. :ph34r:

5.) WHERE IS DORIAN?!

6.) I like angry evil Matthew, but it's funny because EA is so scrawny next to Nate. Oh well... I'm looking forward to the Clint/Matthew/BE story...!

• Members

Well, Dani's recruited into prop duty for dull as dirt Nate.

I don't see Dani written or presented as any insipid heroine. That role is already taken by the sacchine twit Starr has turned into since Cole arrived. Dani is the volatile teen that lashes out and makes many mistakes. If anything, she's written more like Todd, self-destructive.

Archived