AMC: Friday September 3, 2010

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unfortunately, I think Madison is good with Ryan. She is good for him and I think they work as a couple. The problem is they will be nothing more than Rylee roadkill as that will taint and destroy any pairing he has. Madison doesnt stand much of a chance against them. Frons will see to that. Its amazing how we've gotten so many different head writers over the past several years and under each one, Rylee is forced as this great love story. Even if they dont work and people hate them, they will be pushed. Too bad, bc he's bette with Madison as he was better with Annie before her. She's better off without him and I hope they dont at least trash her in order to justify a Rylee reunion like they did with Annie

• Members

Madison isn't good with Ryan, she's good FOR Ryan but with a few tweaks this pairing could be good for both characters.

The character of Ryan would be served better in a relationship with Madison. They make sense. Both know abuse, both know what its like to try to rise above that abuse, both know what it's like to have people who "saved" them. (Ryan - Kane women, Madison - Hubbards). Before obvious rewrites, Madison called Ryan out on his hero complex. She needs to do that again with this Greenlee mess then she needs to get her bitch back and - here's a thought - "rescue" Ryan.

Then she needs to realize that Ryan McBain and his hero complex aren't worth the trouble and she turns to Frankie.

• Members

IA with both to a degree but they didnt star changing Madison until Greenlee decided she wanted Ryan back. I thought she was better in her early stages with Ryan as the anti-Greenlee and felt they set up a nice rivalry between them as Madison was not afraid to get in Greenlee's face and call her out on her BS. I liked when Ryan told Greenlee he ws done with her as he saw her for the selfish, hateful person she really is. It seems that now that the show is set on puitting Rylee together, they are making Madison roll over and die for them. I thought she and Ryan were better when Greenlee wasnt in the picture, but since Greenlee's become a "victim" that needs saving, they've had Ryan do a 180 on her and had Madison become their wallflower.

• Members

I think that from the moment David saw Greenlee/Ryan laughing in the park, everything he has done from then on has been calculated. He cooked up some kind of plan. He made sure Liza was the DA, staged that little fight with Greenlee at Caleb's party, looked on as she called Ryan, made sure Ryan came to visit him in his room ("I was expecting you"). I think that a lot happened from the point Ryan punched David onto that bed, that we did not get to see, and we will see it later on.

He probably got to Ryan and knocked him out, then drugged himself to make it seem like he's dead when he's unconscious, so that when he stumbles out there in front of everyone and a doctor pronounces him dead, people will believe it. And somewhere along the way, he will get his body switched with someone elses (didn't he do that with Greenlee lol), and we will see him back in no time at some point.

Loved that little Caleb/Kendall scene. I wish Kendall and JR could have ran into each other at the party! It really frustrates me all the potential things they could be doing with Kendall right now besides the usual! Her and JR could have talked angry.gif

• Members

Yup, there was definitely foreshadowing with Asher & Caleb.

At this point, with David Canary gone, AMC needed another strong male presence. I hope Jacob Young can rise to the challenge of competing with him.

+1

ICAM! Madison made Ryan tolerable for the first time in years. It was great how she saw through Greenlee's BS until someone behind the scenes started pushing Rylee as "the reunion you've been waiting for" and suddenly Madison lost her edge.

I was impressed by the David/Ryan fight. It was the best choreographed battle on this show in years, imo.

I too was disappointed with David's fall at the end, though. It felt cheesy that he fell over such a short banister, but the reactions shots were great, even though Angie should have been shown, too.

• Members

I always thought that the point of big social events were to mix up the characters and get them out of their story bubble. JR/Kendall should have interacted, Annie/Scott should have been there and thus interacted with Greenlee/Ryan/Kendall (given that Greenlee originally came on circa 1999 going after Scott... she could have given Annie a bitchy line about getting her leftovers again LOL). Heck, even Marissa should have been there (only cause of the family connection with Krystal/David). Finally, where were Jake and Amanda?

I agree that they've turned Madison into a doormat but for some reason, I think it fits with her character. It doesn't appear that it does, but if the writers' could actually justify the about face in her character that makes sense, then I'd be satisfied.

• Members

The over-the-top anti-David sentiment is just...wow. Tad very earnestly and sincerely "congratulating" Liza on becoming DA because it means she no longer has to defend David (because, of course, "he doesn't qualify as human") takes the cake as the most ridiculous example of it yet.

And Caleb changing his name was soooo not necessary.

Archived