GH: September Discussion Thread

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carly was dreadful to watch for me in this episode, up until her scenes with Kristina & Michael. I always love her interactions with them, especially Michael. I hope Carly can convince him to go back to High School. I'm loving the story that Michael/Kristina are playing out right now.

Actually kind of enjoyed the Sonny/Brenda scenes. Ugh @ her laugh, though. Talk about annoying! She just yelps out her laughter, and then she starts waving her hand over her nose. Very hard to watch her when she laughs, IMO. lol.

The Hospital stuff was excellent...loved all of it. I am kind of annoyed with how Lisa is acting now, though. It's getting old for me. Blaming everything on Robin. I mean we know she did it, and I wish we could get a scene of her knowing she did it, or a flashback or something. I hate how she is acting like she's not doing all of this horrid stuff, just throwing all the baggage onto Robin, trying to get sympathy out of everyone in the hospital.

• Members

thats why Im loving her she has some serious balls. She acts a if she's doing nothing wrong and if anything she's consistent. I wonder if in her mind, she actually beleives her own BS. She's a different kind of psycho and I love how Robin is reacting to her, blowing up and making herself look bad in the rpocess

• Members

^^ IA, I think Lisa believes 100% everything she is saying. She has constructed this world around her that allows her to function, and that includes the idea that Patrick loves her. Perhaps she blanks out most of the psycho stuff she does. Seriously deluded, but it is so funny how it gives her this outer appearance of normality.

Also Brianna is soulfully beautiful with her tear-filled eyes. That punch by Robin, though, was awesome.

The Sonny-Brenda stuff may not have the intensity of their Greatest Hits at the moment, but Maurice actually wakes up and acts around VMG.

• Members

I just saw this and it needed to be posted here:

Anatomy Of A Freakout

OH MY GOD.

It turns out that the whole "Sonny is skipping bail and going to Rome to seek out Brenda" thing, the one that made me groan a heavy groan meant to convey complete and utter dread at a coupling that will more likely than not lead to the ruination of Brenda's character, actually has the silverest of silver linings: we got to see Carly lose her freaking marbles and every individual marble loss was more hilarious than the one that came before.

Below, Carly's head exploding, paraphrased (except for actual, real life lines that were just too good not to commemorate, which are italicized).

CARLY: Where is he, Jason? Where's Sonny? Where's Sonny, Jason? Where is he?

JASON: Don't you...hate Sonny?

CARLY: YEAH, JASON, I DO. That's what makes it even more important for me to know where he is.

ghcarlyjasonnew.gif

JASON: How does that...?

CARLY: Because it's ME doing the hating, Jason. ME. I deserve to know where he is.

JASON: That's not a very good reason.

CARLY: I also need to know because...because it's really important for Michael. And, you know...the little guy.

JASON: Okay, okay. I will tell you, but we need to stay calm. How about we take just a deep breath together?

CARLY: Jason!

JASON: How about we count to ten?

CARLY: No, I'm fine. Why are you being like this? This won't shock me. I'm unshockable.

JASON: I'm pretty sure Sonny went to Rome to see Brenda.

CARLY: I'll [!@#$%^&*] cut her.

67815409.jpg

CARLY: He is so selfish. He is SO SELFISH. All he ever does is think about himself, and you know what he never thinks about? What he NEVER takes into account? ME.

ghcarlynew.gif

JASON:

97746665.jpg

CARLY: Me kids, I mean. He never thinks about me kids. And that's so like him. That is SO LIKE HIM. He's all, "I'm Sonny, I'm Super Dad, I love all of my kids" and then he just abandons them. And not just Michael, who is CLEARLY the most important. He ditched ALL OF THEM. All four of his kids. Four, Jason. You hear that? I am so mad at Sonny right now that I referred to Dante as his child and I didn't even preface that with a rant about how much he makes me want to vomit all over that god awful shag haircut he has like it's still the 70s. Yeah, I'm that mad. THAT MAD.

ghcarly0902101new.gif

CARLY: And he ran away for BRENDA. Brenda! She's so spoiled, and over dramatic, and it makes me so angry that I am literally dying right now. LITERALLY. And why are you not looking at me, Jason?!

JASON:

52364442.jpg

JASON: He ran away so he doesn't have to go to prison, Carly.

CARLY: Oh, please, Jason.

ghcarlynew2.gif

CARLY: Please. Like, he could have gone anywhere in the planet. He could have gone to Canada, or Cambodia or Costa Rica, or--

JASON: You're working the "C" theme pretty hard, Carly. Is it because your name starts with C?

CARLY:

16421310.jpg

CARLY: OH MY GOD, Jason, you are missing the point. He could have gone anywhere, but he chose Rome. You know who likes Rome? WHORES LIKE ROME. And he's going to go find Brenda and they're going to be all happy and then it's all going to blow up in his face and he's going to be miserable.

JASON: That kind of happens in all of his relationships.

CARLY: She's the worst, Jason. The worst. She's going to ruin him more than he's already ruined. She always does.

JASON: He's hurt her pretty bad too, Carly--

CARLY: OH MY GOD, STOP TAKING HER WHOREY SIDE.

JASON: It's just that--

CARLY: I am not going to sit and let this happen. No. That doesn't work for me...me kids.

JASON: There's nothing we can do, Carly.

CARLY: What are you talking about, Jason? There is ALWAYS something we can do. ALWAYS. You carry a gun! Can't you go and...you know?

JASON:

61263058.jpg

CARLY: He's your best friend. He's your blood brother. Are bromances no longer sacred? What the actual [!@#$%^&*]?!

JASON: Do you not understand what jumping bail to evade trial means? Because I don't either, and I was hoping someone could clear it up for me.

CARLY: I'm the only one he's supposed to drop everything for.

JASON: Look, this is a delicate situation, so can you not go out of your way to screw this up for all of us?

CARLY:

31707734.jpg

CARLY: What are you implying, Jason? Are you saying I have bad ideas? Why would you say that, Jason?

JASON: Because of everything that's happened since 1996, mostly. Look, can you just promise me that you'll be a little less...a little less you?

CARLY: Oh, I promise you that. I promise you that all the way to the bank.

JASON: What does that--

CARLY: TO THE BANK!

JASON: Is it lunch or dinner time?

12824803.jpg

JASON: I like rice.

http://serialdrama.typepad.com/serial_drama/2010/09/anatomy-of-a-freakout.html

Archived