OLTL: Discussion for the week August 23

• Members

Was there a different script writer today or something? The Dorian/Langston and Dorian/Viki scenes were quite amazing and I thank GOD that Dorian didn't focus all of her anger and revenge on Viki for the umpteenth time... I was worred for a minute when she started out with "YOU SPITEFUL BITCH".

I felt SO horrible for Marty... I really love SH, but she is very underutilized. I think with

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL for a while has had lacking dialogue, but I agree some of that stuff was particularly awesome.

It's just annoying when I start getting into the show and then you have scenes like Langston no longer worried about Dorian because she'd rather make out and make jealous the Ford bros. And this is awful to say, because I like that OLTL actually seems to want to have more non-white actors on their canvas, but this new cop guy... Why? And are we meant to care about him because he's the brother of whatever-the-name of Destiny's bf is? Why did they get rid of Rachel and characters tied to the canvas to introduce yet ANOTHER new family? And does OLTL *really* need another cop character? Are there no other more interesting professions they can choose? Remember back when characters would be things like architects, or musicians, or I dunno at this point I'd settle for a librarian instead of *another* cop (or doctor...)

• Members

UGH. It makes NO sense with the kind of doctor Greg was introduced as. I've never warmed to his character, but I hate when they completely assassinate a character just for story (and I guess cuz they want him off the show). As for Eli, I can't believe I sorta liked him with Blair and found him charming--ever since he's gone bad he's been hard to watch. I blame the actor but then again the material is hard to pull off convincingly-- I still have NO idea why he did all the murders he did starting back to Melinda even though we had that awful scene a few weeks back where he gave one of those bad movie killer confession monologues to himself when Rex was passed out--it made zero sense to me. And as stupid as Blair's often been, I do not believe she'd be this stupid--ignoring ALL the warnings even though afterwards he seems to be doing shady things--secret phone calls, muttering to himself under his breath, calling off weddings that he practically forced on her--and she just smiles and nods? The only way they could rescue this for me is have her be in on it the whole time and somehow gaslighting him, but...

• Members

I dunno, AMC's canvas is too white but I feel much happier with how Jesse/Angie (and the Hubbards in general) are written then ANY of the above people except maybe Layla's recent stuff. But for the life of me, I can't even recall who Lisa is.... And I can't see Greg lasting much longer :P or Darren ever having a story except following Destiny around (and now she thinks she IS gonna marry him someday? I thought she was still sorta annoyed with him...)

• Members

I think I like her more than you--and I think she's at least good enough in most of her scenes, though I agree with Heed about her yelling, and I see your point. I did think she was surprisingly subtle and great just in her body language when Blair announced her elopement (again, I think Blair had a labotamy sometime after playing board games with Danielle... She's been with enough crazies to see the signs)

• Members

Right now, AMC is valuing quality over quantity. OLTL may have more black characters, but none is being utilizeed in any meaningful capacity. AMC is doing more with the small numbers they have than the entire rest of the ABC lineup. Actually, all of soaps

Billy Warlock is such a miscast as Ross. This is supposed to be same big strong menace from last year?

• Members

Unfortunately for the actor, that was the only reason they brought him back. There was strong "fan reaction"- as in several drooling women who wanted to see him naked. I'm fairly certain the entire purpose of that steam room scene was so he could walk in shirtless at the end... lol

Um and- GIGI WHO? It's like they have been testing Kelly/Rex for a while (I actually like them... but then again, I liked Rex/Adriana before that happened too).... and Gigi kinda just floated away into non-existance. I'm NOT complaining- maybe they just ran out of new hairstyles to try on her? Who knows- but she is definitely an unnecessary character and if she would leave it wouldn't effect the show at all...

• Members

I agree. I also liked that she maintained a sense of sadness when the "Cramer women" were including her in their happiness. Dani was in a background role in most of those scenes and it would have been easy for her to get carried away by the general happy tone of the other actresses and laugh or smile, but she managed to remember her character is grieving. A small thing, but in today's world of bored soap actors who don't give a f*ck, I notice when young actors pay attention to details. The girl who plays Langston has been stepping it up lately too.

• Members

Yeah- not a fan of BW as Ross. Just doesn't seem like something that would work out long-term... and his stature has nothing to do with it ;) . It just fell flat when his first scenes are reacting to his ex-lovers and what he thought was the mother-of-his-child's death... eh. They could have just continued the story without Ross instead of recasting.

Archived