OLTL: Discussion for the week August 23

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Look, the two new black characters are related to each other! And talking about Shaft, because...that's really popular with teenagers today?

I can't tell whether Sears Roebuck or Kelli Missal have deader line readings. I will say Kelli, since she has had almost a year to be less untalented.

I finally realized who Brandon Buddy reminds me of these days. It's Graeme Hawley, John Stape from Corrie.

John_Stape.jpg

• Members

I HATE when they suddenly make "the black people" related... Shaun was on the show a while before Destiny, and she was on the show a while before they ever shared scenes together. It was just like "lets make these two related, ya know, since they're both black". And now with Darren/Price... eh. Unnecessary. I realize this Price guy is somewhat popular (which is the only reason we saw him again)... but it's just random.

Don't get me wrong- this is the most diverse the show has been in years (although most aren't contract- only SE/Destiny and TT/Greg), but its a little annoying. Although with Lisa, Layla, Greg, Destiny, Shaun, Darren, and "Theo"... this is the most black characters that have existed all together since the Gannons, and even then I don't think there were that many. I like i but I wish they used some characters we actually knew...

And as for KM, I don't think she's that bad at all... I don't like her when she's screaming, but she does emotion pretty well. She is far from the worst young actress ever.

• Members

It's hard for me to see the show as diverse...I guess it is, especially compared to other soaps, but most of the black characters are in such thankless roles. I miss Rachel. I keep feeling like most of the black characters are deliberately made expendable.

I don't think Kelli Missal is the worst actress ever but she isn't strong enough for the role they give her. She's their young heroine, and is supposed to be in this teen romance with Nate, but she just doesn't have the strong presence. She is fine in some situations, I thought she was good in that scene where she was upset about Blair going to elope with Eli, but I think making her Todd and Tea's daughter and putting her in that mess and then the stuff with Nate was all a mistake. She would be better served in a supporting role for a while. It isn't great that the main relationship I enjoy her in, with Blair, is probably the one which will most quickly be forgotten as soon as they stop writing Blair and Tea as pals.

• Members

It is such a shame that the only AA character in the past few years with ties to the show was Rachel- and she didn't even stick around much. I really liked Daphne D in the role and it SUCKS that she was fired while a bunch of other useless people were kept around.

But really today it just felt like they were purposely trying to put an AA character in almost every scene... even down to that random judge with John. (I don't think I've ever see John/ME yell like that... scary.)

• Members

Jessica's due in Feb, just in time for sweeps

and now Nat tells the doc that her baby's father could be one of 2 men.

oltl082410.jpg

"Dang, these sisters are hos!"

The two twidiots even used the same 99% sure line!

David walked out on Dorian AGAIN! What a friggin a-hole!

• Members

I am not a huge fan of Dorian's, but damn today made me feel so bad for her, she is heartbroken over David. I know it wasn't his doing, but man I felt for Dorian. Now just waiting to see if she blames Viki for David leaving her.

As little as it was, watching Viki and Charlie in that first scene, reminded me how much I love this couple, to bad they don't focus more on them. One Life is lacking the romance side of Daytime.

I would have loved to have heard what Dr. Wright was thinking after talking to Natalie and Jessica. One could only imagine. LOL.

Archived