OLTL: Discussion for the week August 23

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved Daphne!.....but let's keep it real. I don't know about here because I wasn't reading this site that much when she was on, but people were complaining about Rachel. Just goes to show, you never miss your water till your well runs dry.

I'm glad that TPTP thought to bring Kearran Giovanni back as now an OB-GYN. They could have just cast anyone in that part, but I would think they realize that she resonates with the audience. I don't complain I see AA actors actually working. That's my opinion and it's not to offend anyone's sensibilities.

• Members

People complain about everyone but I thought she was popular her and at some other sites. The show doesn't seem to have a problem keeping around other characters who are far more disliked. Yet a core character is tossed aside.

• Members

I liked Daphne but felt Rachel was too boring a role for her. I wanted them to bring her over to AMC as Taylor Roxybury-Canon or in a new role. She could have been used in Madison's current role as Frankie's friend which it looks like he will mess with. Of course it would later be revealed that she is Randi's birth sister and the two siblings would fight before, bringing on their mother, Onyx. Sigh.....

• Members

I'm telling you- the increased number of AA characters is definitely strategic. Most ABC soaps are lacking diversity- it seems like they dug up every one used in the past year and just threw them all together in the past week.

I actually really like Vivian- I'm glad they're using her more. But as mentioned before- Rachel would be a much more viable character. Especially if she went to medical school and became a doctor too- I would much rather see her as Jess/Nat's doctor than an unconnected character. But whatevs!

I think DD/Rachel were very popular- people liked the character and the actress was very good... plus she had chemistry with Nora which is important as her daughter. She was just never given any good story and when they tried- it was with Greg, who people don't really like.

• Members

Oh David and Dorian ... last time this happened was heartbreaking enough, but this is just too much. I can only wonder what downward spiral we'll see Dorian go through.... UNLESS they have her believe in David and refuse to believe he left on his own will, and tries to hunt him down. This David/Dorian stuff has been going on for several years, and to continue the same pattern is just useless... it would be MUCH more refreshing to see Dorian go to find David, on an adventure of sorts.

• Members

Right. I remember a lot of people not liking Greg and yet Rachel was the one punished for that story. This character has been so horribly treated for years. The only consolation is she wasn't humiliated the way they humiliated her over and over from 95-98.

• Members

So... do you think they are building something with Shaun/Vivian/Det. Price? I am sort of shocked they would bring her out just for those Jess/Nat scenes. I think she may be sticking around, and the guy who plays Det. Price already said he is going to be appearing more. I just hope if they do stick around, they just aren't stuck in the "black bubble".

Archived