Zimmer to OLTL

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What I don't get is how this show takes on so many new/old characters and wastes multiple emmy winner CONTRACT players like Gina? Gina is going to bolt the first second she can. Didn't she sign a one year contract?

And Jerry has never been Clint to me, so Echo and Clint may as well be two new characters. OLTL does not have strong enough stories to support (DON'T EVEN SAY IT! lol) this cast.

• Members

Love you back.

My point was that there's no reason to bring up AMC because this has nothing to do with ratings. Nobody with half a brain would look at this and think they're bringing on Zimmer because they think she'll attract viewers. There's certainly been no fan outcry for the return of Echo. There are a million other characters and actors they could bring back who have at least some semblance of a following DG/Kevin, AE/Tina, JdP/Max, TDS/RJ, LKB/Cassie all would have a better effect than Zimmer. This is just some crazy bit of bat [!@#$%^&*] randomness caused by someone BTS wanting to do someone else a favor.

This isn't going to fail because of KZ's weight or personality, it's going to fail because it makes no sense.

• Members

When those same posters put themselves out on public display on television and demand that their characters still be written as the premiere sex symbol of their show (as Zimmer did until the end of GL), then we can have a conversation about this alleged irony.

Nothing is being said about Kim that she hasn't in some sense brought upon herself.

• Members

You nailed it. Has OLTL had ANY returns that have not been botched?

If OLTL can f-ck up Andrea Evans return (although her final episode is still one of the BEST OLTL episodes in the last decade in my opinion, it was basically a love letter to Andrea apologizing for this HUGE f--k up) The return of Echo DiSavoy will probably be a big dud.

OLTL's weaknesses have been in casting and story. Too many bad actors and bad stories. And Ron does not know how to do BALANCE.

• Members

What I like about Kim Zimmer is that she does have a sense of humor. She knows she's big and has embraced her weight. She knows she isnt paper thin and doesnt care.She's poked fun at it herself and by doing so invited others to do it as well. She'd probably look at this thread, laugh hysterically and then tell us all to shut up and get her a double bacon cheesburger with a side order of fries, cheesecake and a supersize coke. She's cool like that...lol

Archived