Zimmer to OLTL

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They could still show flashbacks with CR's Clint... similar things have been done before. Since it was so long ago, it might not even be recognizable. I don't think they'll show flashbacks though- since all actresses have aged almost 30 years and it's not necessarily flattering to them.

I don't really like Rex- but it would be interesting if Echo was his mother (although timewise it wouldn't work to have it be Clint's baby now that I think about it... unless she stole and froze his sperm). If Rex was Clint's, it would make him and Natalie siblings for real again...

• Members

I am familiar with Kim Zimmer and her work as Reva on GL (my mom used to watch the show) but am not familiar with her as Echo. But I will still continue to tune in. If it generates good story for the characters I want to see then bring it.

I could care less about Ford and his abs or James and his dimples. Frons and company have forced OLTL to steer in the Teen Disney directon over the years and that has caused issues for the show. Everytime Ron and co want to write something for the vets, it seemly gets tabled so the focus can turn to a younger character.

I much rather would see actors/characters who can deliver when given good material and who are a little more mature, such as Viki, Clint, Bo, Nora, Dorian etc. Ron Carlivati's Paris TX storyline for Viki was one of my favorites however I hear Frons nearly fired Ron because of the storyline. I am curious if Kim's hiring means the show recognizes fans want to see the older more mature characters

Her weight is irrelevant to me. Many good characters on OLTL are not stick figures out of Victorias Secret. Destiny and Marcie are two examples of characters that didn't fit the typical soap figure but who I wanted to see. Clint, Charlie and Bo will never be International Male models but I'd much rather see them than the Fords.

We all get older and our looks change. Unless one is eating like a bird and exercising 7 days a week (or have one of those special metabolisms), our bodies will change.

This thread reminds me of an online conversation Michael Muhney had with someone critical of his looks. They made fun of him, saying he looked like Frankenstein. Michael said the fan was entitled to his opinion and wanted him to post a photo so we all could see what the person looked like. He never did :P

• Members

Of course he didn't. People always say that stars choose open themselves up to criticism about their looks, like that gives people a license to be cruel. If you go by that logic, I think when you start ripping on someone else's looks and weight you are opening yourself up in the same exact way. It's only natural that people will ask you to put up or shut up. Most people are way to cowardly to put up in those circumstances.

• Members

I don't think that Echo's return or KZ has anything to offer to OLTL right now. She will propably be involved in some crazy storyline and some people blame GL's end on her.

I think it's very interesting to see posters make cruel remarks about a fat woman, when they want to act like gay activists or supporters of African American artists in other threads. Can you switch from activist to racist every five minutes that easily?

• Members

I just find it "ironic" that people here care so much about people who make fun of Kimmer's weight. What the hell is it to them? Are they big fans of Kimmer or are they just, per usual, getting on their high horses, preaching about right and wrong, and attacking posters to do it?

Toups asked that there be no back and forth and the same damn posters that like to butt in with their preachy theatrics and their "allusions" come into this thread to act all high and mighty after the administrator has politely asked that we drop the fights. And yet again, the same one keeps egging it on along with help from the morality police, Michael Muhney Fan #1.

• Members

A person who has problems at work because of one of the three might disagree with you. Same goes for someone who has been made fun of a lot in their lives because they were fat, black, gay, ugly, from another country or plain old. You are either respectful and sensitive towards other people or you are not.

All I am saying that one can't choose a category to be sensitive about and then be cruel to other "groups" because then their words mean nothing.

Archived