Zimmer to OLTL

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This has to be the meanest thread in the history of SON.

I have tried to sit through 1983-84 OLTL on Youtube, and all I can say is WHAT. A. BORE.

Lethargic well describes it.

Bringing this character back will probably be a bust like everything else this show does lately. Why bother.

Maybe OLTL can get its groove back like in 2008, but I will not hold my breath. Its nice to see what appears to be an adult storyline, but I am sure it will involve 10 random teens at minimum.

And holy [!@#$%^&*], I talk about AMC always looking cheap, but my god OLTL was a HORROR in 1983. That lighting, those sets. Even the lighting fixtures are ghastly. Go watch a video of Y&R from 1983 and its like watching totally different decades. How did ABC get the reputation in the 80's of having the best production values of the soaps? RIGHT.

Peggy O'Shea's OLTL in 1985-86 was the best soap opera ever in my opinion. Echo should stay back in 1983.

• Members

I didn't know ABC had that reputation. I know AMC's production values were seen as improving in the 80s but GH looks very cheap to me and OLTL is also kind of gaudy or dull. I think in terms of production values Y&R and GL are among the best I've seen of that era.

• Members

I have read this many times over the years (much to my shock), generally with interviews with former producers. I wish I had some examples.

Hell, Search For Tomorrow videos I have seen look better than ABC shows in the early-mid 80's. I thought Capitol was a class act too.

OLTL -NEVER- looked good until Gottlieb took over. I think the show has remained a good looking show since.

Back to Kim- I hope she can lose some weight before she starts airing because I actually feel badly for the chick. I know that she is pretty annoying behind the scenes and has to be the center of attention, but as funny as that cracked picture of the OLTL logo was (and it was), it is a little much. She is a human being.

• Members

She isn't off limits, but seven pages of weight jokes just seemed a little over the top. But I get it. I find Vanessa Marcil's face alot more horrifying than the sight of Kim. But I guess we all have our ideas of what is funny. And if it was seven pages of laughing at Joan Van Ark's terrible plastic surgery, I would SO be there laughing and posting. So I will not be a hypocrite.

Archived