OLTL: Discussion for the week August 16

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The moment Inez walked in on Ford at the police station, I KNEW she would be contacting Eli! Why does it feel like whenever OLTL has a villian, he or she is just so powerful? Everything is always falling right into their laps. Spencer, Mitch, and even Stacy too. I would just like to see the villian sweat a little for once, and not be able to easily manipulate every little situation to their advantage.

• Members

Those scenes at the Cramers made me cringe. David's ha ha routine has never been to my taste but I don't remember him being so strangely angry and overly aggressive in every scene. It's a very unsettling style of "comedy." James Ford is a lousy actor and the shape of his face makes him look like he's always about to spit out chaw. And Langston, between the coldness, the snippy line readings, and the bizarre habit of opening her mouth in shock in every scene, is a giant dead spot. I know a lot of people don't like KDP but for me she and Robin end up carrying all these scenes.

• Members

I agree about David and James. It's time for David to leave again, but I like Langston and I think she's a very good actress. KDP can do no wrong in my eyes. I love her and I don't get why anyone wouldn't like her, but you know how that goes.

• Members

Signing on CarlD: I love EA's Matthew. I think EA has turned into a fine young actor (KA, not so much. She seems to have gotten worse - or more to the point, hasn't developed a good emotional range). I like idea that the writers want to do something different with Matthew's character but why make him such a crybaby? Over Dani? Sheesh. Just last summer, Matthew was consoling Destiny ( :wub: Destiny and Shawn - best sibs act on OLTL). Now Matthew is the pissy rich kid taunting 'the help'.

Nothing makes me feel sympathy for Ford. Nothing. I start tuning out and changing channels every time OLTL tries.

Agreed about the uber-cartoony Eli and uber-idiotic Blair. Her choices have been SO BAD that it's hard to believe that Blair doesn't have one moment of self-doubt. Come on writers.

Poor Addie. Dorian breaks up her marriage and then snags David for herself again. Those Cramer women.

LOVE Viki's snark to Dorian about whether or not she was marrying a man this time. Dorian really has done it all and you have to love her for that.

• Members

I think Eddie plays scheming Matthew very, very well but I just don't buy the "stuck-up rich boy" thing they want to go for with the kid. That's never been Matthew. And he's only being forced into that role now to try and make people root for Nate. It's bullshit and EA is a better actor than Platt. He should have his airtime.

Poor Matt Walton is stuck with an absolutely terrible storyline and his performances have suffered because he has to do this HO HO HO WHATEVER DO YOU MEAN, I AM NOT WHO I SAY I AM?? Snidely Whiplash crap. I miss the Blair and Eli from before this story really began. I care nothing for Todd, or Ford, or Hannah.

• Members

I haven't seen today's show yet, is it true that they are saying Eli is only marrying Blair for her money and that he kills his wives?

I'm trying to remember the last character retconned into having a bunch of spouses -- I guess it was Sam on GH.

Archived