DAYS: Another Actress Out! Role recast

• Members

I wouldnt mind Rafe leaving. While he and Sami are cute in their own right, they dont do much for me. She seems to work MUCH better with EJ. Those two have more spark and chemistry. Its too bad bc Rafe is a good guy and I do like him with Sami, I just prefer her and EJ, so much more

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope Shawn and Belle return too. Philip needs some adults to play with, and I am mad that they scrapped this developing quad (with Chloe) back in 2008.

I think Jack and Jennifer (at least Jennifer) are coming back anyway.

I am so over John and Marlena, they just need to stay away until the very end.

• Members

By then end of that turn Vivian was redeemed. She spared Kate when she was having an affair with Nikki, she gave up on victor to travel with ivan. That's where her story should be going now....backstory: where is ivan, why are they not together, that's a storyline that should be told. Nikki is needed on the Canvas but he was aged so much that he probably older than Viv and Vic now. I am not sure why they write characters into holes. Its not hard to read the history and see if a character was redeem from evilness or still is evil before bring them back.

• Members

Agreed, sadly.

This is good news in terms of getting rid of a useless time-filler. Honestly though, there's *alot* of dead weight on this show. Dead weight that is unfortunately carrying story (Chloe, Daniel, even the much-anticipated-but-highly-disappointing Carly)

• Members

I don't really think Vivian is a problem for the show. I think with the right material she could be turned around.

If DAYS were able to bring in new characters who were played by strong actors and could impact story, then things might improve. As it is people like Shawn and Belle were dead weight years before they were written out because even with their history to the show, they brought little to the plate, they just seemed hollow.

• Members

Glad they got rid of Gabi...there was no point in her to begin with. Shawn Christian, Crystal, they can just go. The only reason I am tolerating Chloe is solely because of Phloe.

I do still like Vivian, I like Rafe (well...at least I like salivating over him *tee hee*) but its obvious the writers have no idea what to do with these people so they might as well go too. That said, I speculate ratings are in the toilet because the show is dreadfully dull right now. I doubt they even have a long-term story plan.

• Members

I actually think the opposite: that they have a long-term story plan, and since they know where things are headed, they're kind of blind to how boring a lot of the intermediary beats are. Look, on paper, most of this works. Chloe wants to marry Daniel, but she's concealing that she slept with Philip and the baby might be his--and Carly will only keep quiet for so long! That's a perfect soap story, in pure concept. It's just dull as dirt right now, because we've had 2-3 months of "I know what's going on here!" "No, let me explain." "Oh, okay." "Carly, you better keep quiet!" I'm sure they have (what they feel will be) exciting climaxes to the stories playing out now, so they can justify sort of being lost in the middle beats.

• Members

remember folks Louise Sorel only signed on for 1 year which means come October i BET she doesnt stay. so why would he fire her with only 3 months left? it took him 9 years for her to forgive him from the last time he canned her...ill always love vivian.

• Members

If Days wanted to save themselves, yes, they'd do Chad and Will and turn Will into sort of a gay Sami trying to get him from someone else. I'd start watching again, for God's sake, and I think this show is swill. You could even write that oaf Rafe out by having Will seduce him and then turn around and tell the world that Rafe touched him in his swimsuit area.

And granted, I understand Nadia Bjorlin and co. have been stuck doing horrid crap for ages, but I've been saying it since 2007 or so - they need to stick with the original reinvention of Chloe's character as sort of a young Tina Lord vixen-type, and have her pulled between Phillip and Brady. They should've made sweet, wholesome Brady into Stefano's new "Pawn" and used that to bring on the DHs for a brief stint. I still think you could play crap with those three for years.

• Members

And this is the thing I don't think many who remember the so called "hey days" of a character seem to acknowledge - characters work in CONTEXT. Remove that context or change the other players too much, and they just don't work. Vivian hasn't grown with Days, and now she's in a rivalry with Maggie. When she was working against Kate it was always a toss-up to know who would be victorious because both deserved to fail, but with Maggie there is only one obvious winner and Viv isn't it. She can be a spoiler for Magic but she's got no hope in being on top again.

Often fans/writers are too quick to think former characters are the "salvation" of the show, but they aren't. You CAN'T go home again - and daytime seems to want to prove that axiom regularly.

• Members

ITA. Plus, when it's obvious to most everyone that the deck here is stacked in Maggie's favor, it's hard for someone like me to become invested in what happens, b/c it just isn't a fair "fight." Now, make someone like Caroline or even Marie the third-wheel in this story, and keep everything on an adult level, and even though the outcome might still be obvious, I might actually become more interested.

Archived