AMC: Thursday, July 29, 2010

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No offense to other soaps, but AMC seems to have among the most calm fans. The show hasnt really had major fan wars and they've most definetly had amazing couples. OLTL and GH have had ugly fan battles, for GH, most notably the recent Liason vs JaSam stuff from a couple of years ago. OLTL has had some rabid stuff anytime someone gets in the way of John/Natalie. Forget about Days, whose fanbases are so passionate that they tend to dictate the writing there. Im glad things dont get as crazy or out of control with AMC as other soaps have had to deal with

• Members

As someone who lived throught OLTL's TnTnB wars 1.0 and the Jowars, I thank the good Lord that AMC is staying away from that kind of writing. There are still some people who believe that an angry viewer is an engaged viewer but these days I think an angry viewer is one step away from being a former viewer.

I was on hiatus but weren't things pretty heated with the Zendall/Rylee stuff? On some boards you can't anything decent about Kendall or Greenlee without someone freaking out. Fortunately, I hate them both.

• Members

Voodoo dolls - yes, voodoo dolls - are handed to actors at public appearances with names like "Crassiebella" scrawled on them.

AMS's right; fan wars can be ugly. Just ask anyone who survived the Crusades that were "JoVan vs. Jolie" (OLTL) - that is, if they're still around.

• Members

With all due respect, how does TPTB's fanning the flames on fan wars create loyal fanbase(s)? Because, from my experience, it seems as if those fans are loyal only as long as "their couple" remains together (or they're at least on the verge of (another) reconciliation) and on the front-burner; and that the minute the status quo changes - departures, recast(s), decreased airtime, permanent separation, etc. - they're ready to walk away. Are those really the kind of viewers TPTB want?

• Members

Ah yes, robovoting and ballot stuffing. I had to laugh at SID's "Supercouple Smackdown" requiring people to send in paper ballots that you could only get by buying the magazine, no photocopies accepted. What better way to up circulation numbers? You just know 90% of those ballots were sent in by the same 10 people. Pitiful. The network uses fan wars to manipulate people and the idiots fall for it everytime.

OLTL is going to meet the same fate at GL and for the same reason and I shudder at what's going to happen when VM hits GH. No thank you. I'll take our discussions of the Gut Quad over that crap any day.

• Members

I voted today! Did you vote today!? WELL, DID YOU!!?!??

I am a voter of 736 days!!! IN A ROW! TWO HUNDRED TIMES A DAY! BECAUSE I AM A DEVOTED FAN!!!

I got my tickets for the fanopolis event!!! I CANT WAIT TO GET MY THIGHS AUTOGRAPHED! THE WHOLE CAST IS GONNA HAVE ROOM!

• Members

LOL! That's so wrong. I'll admit I've been to a couple of fan events and met some really nice people even traded some business cards.

But this is why I lost it when Sara Bibel wrote that soaps should go to Comic-con. Comic-con would eat soap fans alive.

• Members

:lol: Yes, I do love to read accounts from fan events. Most of the people seem real cool and dedicated, and that's great. But every now and then I remember why I don't do boards made for specific characters/couples. Things just get throwed off.

Comic Con!? Say..whaaaaaat?! Oh noooo. That's not place for soaps at all. I cringe just thinking about it!

Archived