GH: TV Guide interview with Vanessa Marcil

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kim: Why is all my dialogue about how I knew I was unworthy of Jason because he was waiting for Brenda?

Vanessa: And all my dialogue is about how you're so lucky to have a man like Patrick.

Bob: Any problems?

Vanessa: REWRITE! Or I will change your name to Bob Christopher Baker Iznallibochu!

Bob: Yes mistress.

• Members

I do think it's a bit arrogant of her to say, "I want to be working with Jason, Sonny, Jax, and Robin everyday. These are members of Brenda's family." Is it any wonder why some of the GH fanbase is so damn pissed at her? Not that it matters, because she is clearly calling the shots.

Even taking out of consideration where these characters were before she arrives, if Queen Vanessa is involved in all three of these men's lives, then where is the story for everyone else, like Lucky/Liz/Nic, Kristina, Michael, Dante/Lulu/BrookLynn, Olivia/Johnny, etc?

• Members

What I don't like is how she assures that she's no diva biotch, but then later in the interview talks about how she has to work with SB, MB, KM, and IR, or nothing. My way or the highway.That sounds like a straight up diva to me. Whatever. Still not looking forward to her takeover of GH, and I hope it's shorter than expected!

I'm sure GH will work Dante and Lulu in somehow, everyone else will be sent to the back and brought out every once in a while until Brenda is swept out

• Members

I don't see what is so terrible about wanting to work with Jax, Sonny, Jason and Robin. She asked them if they could do this for her so she would want to come back, and they said yes. It isn't her fault they said yes. If she delivers any kind of ratings, it will all be worth it.

• Members

I know anything VM says between now and her arrival on screen is going to piss people off. However, she played Brenda for a long time and knows her character's history better than the HW -- he wasn't writing during the first four years of her tenure. I'm glad she stuck up for her character's story, especially with regards to Robin and Brenda's friendship which was always something special. I could do without the endless Jax/Jason/Sonny face-time but unfortunately that comes with the Brenda package. Why do you think Guza wanted her back so much?!

Irony is that VM wanted scenes with James Franco, but hasn't he been all but killed/written off? :lol:

• Members

I don't see what's wrong about her wanting to interact with those characters, did anyone think she was going to mainly interact with other characters besides the ones she mentioned anyway? They've wanted her back for years too, so they were always going to work towards meeting her demands in some way.

As for Robin and Brenda's friendship, meh. Lois and Brenda's friendship was much better and deeper, IMO. I hope they at least have Brenda share some scenes with BrookLynn as she's on the show and Brenda is supposed to be her Godmother.

• Members

Yeah I am not sure she "demanded" anything that wasnt already going to happen, all four of the charcters have significant ties to her so what de problem is? But yeah I agree, get ready for the Brenda show.

Archived