GH: TV Guide interview with Vanessa Marcil

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ah, that's a convenient excuse. She isn't bitchy or self entitled or stuck up, she's "socially awkward". I should try that one.

So, Listen Bob. I want this, this, this and that... and while you're at it stick a broom up your ass and sweep the floor... and I want Laura Wright's head on a platter...

Guza: is that necessary?

Vanessa: ON A FCUKING PLATTER...

Guza: I suppose that could be arranged...

Vanessa: And y'know what? I actually want you to track down Sarah Brown, and Tamara Braun and, the underwhelming Carly, what was her name?

Guza: Jennifer Bransford

Vanessa: Yeah, yeah... anyway, all their heads. Platters. Oh and Sonny must receive Carly's head in a box. Delivered by Morgan Freeman.

Guza: Does it have to be Freeman?

Vanessa: Yes. Yes it has to be. I'm going for an allusion here. Now, this doesn't make me sound demanding or like an über bitch does it?

Guza: No, not at all. I think people understand Vanessa... you're just socially awkward :)

Vanessa: OK, Good. Now, I'm going home to get fanned by my illegal immigrant poolboy while he feeds me fritos and I get a foot massage. Adios.

• Members

Glad to have her back, she's the only one that might have me tuning back into GH albeit temporarily. And imo there is no diva, arrogant attitude about VM, quite the opposite. She has always downplayed her popularity and given credit where its due. And she's one of the few who has never badmouth soaps when she left like some other actors who left. She has always been complimentary about the medium. As for the ABC blitz/promo well its certainly not her fault, it might make fans resent the character but what has that got to do with the actress. Soaps are dying, like ir or not she is wildly popular and Gh will try to capitalize on that.

And an actress of her stature will be stupid not to make any requests, its called negotiations. I think she's earned her right to do so and ratings back her claim. As others have said, working with those characters should be expected. I hope she does get to call some shots and don't let Guze run amok with his drivel.

• Members

^ Such an insightful and intelligent response. All because you apparently disagree with my post that was basically saying what others have said, whatever. Must be the pick on the newbie mentality, you've got the wrong poster. There was no need for the dismissive attitude.

• Members

In People Magazine she was interviewed, and they asked her what she wants to see Brenda do...And her response, paraphrased, was:

"As long as I'm not in a bikini or lingerie, or making out with someone I've never met before, I'm in."

...Is she aware that she's portraying Brenda Barrett?

• Members

Tks for the welcome, I have a tough skin but was just taken aback by your response. Don't know if this next one was sarcasm but I'll take it at face value and move on. I'm new at posting but I've lurked here for a long time before I registered.

• Members

I hope this whole campaign backfires on ABCD's collective asses and that they'll learn to stop regarding each former star who returns to the fold as a Messiah who will somehow lead their whole lineup out of the wilderness. Unless their name is "Susan Lucci," no one deserves the kind of pimping these idiots are doing right now for VMG.

Archived