OLD SOAP OPERA EPISODE COLLECTIONS

BFORE02

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carl & Golden, once you have the stuff on DVD, you have to convert it to a file format (like mpeg, avi, etc.) for uploading. There's software you can buy online and download that does it. When I was first doing it, I downloaded a few different trial softwares to see what I liked best but with trials, they usually don't let you do a full conversion.

And I don't know if this is still the case as I haven't uploaded anything in a long time to youtube, but there is a 10-minute maximum per video. So you have to sort of plan out how to divide the scenes up, when to stop the conversion...a 15-minute series of scenes might turn into 2 uploads of 7 & 8 minutes, so you would want to stop the conversion at certain points. Once the conversion is done, uploading at youtube is pretty straightforward. But the copyright watchdogs abound, especially music-wise. I've had videos blocked or silenced because of the songs playing in the background. I had to take down my video of AW's final scene because of Bette Midler's song.

• 1 year later...

Archived