AMC: Friday, July 9, 2010

• Members

LOL!

Exactly. It is a freaking double standard. The female actresses have gotten thinner and more toned after joining AMC. None of them would be allowed to put on 10lbs without comment and they definitely couldn't keep their jobs if they let themselves go like these men. Yet we are supposed to pretend that these men aren't out of shape.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They are old though, I can forgive them for not having abs of steel and I don't really want to see either of them with their shirt off, gut or no gut. RPG though should be ashamed of himself.

Leave the shirtless scenes to the VIP's; Frankie and JR.

• Members

Why couldn't Erica do anything about Caleb negotiating with the Chandlers? Doesn't she have half of the company? I didn't get that at all. Maybe I missed something there.

I was LMBO when Marissa told JR that she moved her stuff back into their room, and put her ring back on. LOL!!!! Wow.

Loved Annie giving Colby advice. The writer's really are starting to redeem Annie, and they are giving her some more independence. Love that she has a job now, one that she actually has experience in from the past! I hope we see more of the humane, independent side of Annie balanced with the crazy, sexy, and devious parts of her.

• Members

I think Palmer's will stipulated that he wanted Erica to run the company with Caleb for a year, but he left the company to Caleb.

I loved how Caleb ignored her when she was making a scene at the yacht club. Even though I don't want them paired romantically (currently, I think he has the best chemistry with Opal), I hope Caleb never stops calling out Erica on her diva behavior.

Annie/Colby was fantastic! I'm probably reading into it, but between Annie telling Colby not to throw her life away for a man and last week's scenes between Madison and Ryan where Madison said a woman doesn't need a man to rescue her, it feels like someone behind the scenes is trying to strengthen the female characters. AMC hasn't had this much female empowerment since the 1980s!

I'm wondering of Damon's ADHD will become more of a story point since he mentioned he's been off his medications.

• Members

Does this mean that it is okay for the women on this board to refer to male posters as pricks or dicks?

It would be nice if true. I think AMC has good female characters who can do much that they are allowed to. In particular, I would like to see Amanda more independent from Jake. She used to be interesting.

I thought Damon was lying when he said he was off his meds, but we'll see.

• Members

Say it again! That was great! It's giving more credence to my theory that somebody's pulled a "9-to-5" and has Frons duct taped in a storage container somewhere. We've got black folks with real airtime, business-centric stories and now women telling other women that there's more to life than being with a man?! What network is this?!? :lol:

I think this is the first show since the move where there wasn't a single piece of wardrobe I hated. Somebody seems to have finally figured out how to dress Erica Kane.

There was something so pathetic about Scott and JR trying to act all Don Draper on Caleb. I can't take them seriously as businessmen at all. Scott should be making half-caf soy vanilla lattes with room for cream and JR looks like he just stepped out of a surf shop on Ventura.

As for GutGate, yeah, it's time to put these men on probation and a program. I'll give MEK a pass because I vaguely remember him having some kind of serious illness in the past that affected his appearance but the rest need to hit the gym. I'm not expecting everybody to look like Frankie and JR but if I want to see the Pillsbury doughboy I will go to my grocery store. After all David Carnary is a thousand years old and he still has a body that makes you say "Yeah, I'd hit that." It's like once he left they lowered the bar. Perhaps they need to fly him in once a month just to show these guys what they're supposed to look like in a suit. And whatever happens with RPG, he needs to shave and style his hair. There's NO reason for a gay man with a job to look that scruffy.

• Members

I might be alone on this one but I totally bought JR as the CEO.. he's so sneaky underhanding... I mean the Chandlers were like vultures in Friday's epi. :lol:

35cg3no.jpg

Him and the blonde hair works b/c he's still young. He looks 25, 26 into the business world..they (Scott & JR) are beginning to step in Adam's place. Although I think Scott will eventually either quit or get back into film making or media since that's what he loved. And I don't feel he loves CE, I feel JR does, he's damn near obsessed about it, as is Annie.

Erica's expression said it all.

358djqq.jpg

Archived