Idol Tour Dates Cancelled

Soapsuds

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The blogger lost me when she said the entire Top 10 are talented. They're not, and therein lies the problem. They were the least talented Top 10 ever, and the show was pretty dull in part because of it. This is the fault of the judges for selecting them, and this leads back to the removal of Paula Abdul and the problem with the judges in the first place. The show is wrecked and now without Simon and Paula at the same time, there is no reason to continue to produce the show. They would have been better off going once every two years to create more of a feeling like this is a true event, and found a way to keep their original judges.

• Members

This was the most lacklustre group in Idol history, they shouldn't be at all surprised by this response. I felt like the judges and audience alike had to push themselves to really get behind these folks, even a "standout" like Bowersox (sp?) gave reason not to root for her.

• Members

The show stopped actually being about the audience years ago. Instead of being about entertaining people it became about the judges gazing at their own navels to try to prove how brilliant and special they are. It became about silly stories which were so blatantly and aggressively manufactured to try to set up underdogs or thrash those who are deemed the frontrunner. The performances became soulless, timid, and dull, because the judges don't really care about those either. They will call a great performance dull and call a lousy performance a "moment." They give contradictory advice week after week making sure that the people on the stage have no idea what is or isn't acceptable.

It all becomes about who is dullest or most dependable and shows the least personality. That is one of the reasons why the show now has the exact same winner every season.

• Members

You know, I used to give reality competitions *some* credit, but recently, more and more have I been noticing this "elimination by committee" thing, where suddenly EVERY judge hates a contestant one week, and the build up is totally obvious in the editing of the particular episode. Some shows even have the disclaimer in small print on the end credits that producers consult with the judges, and that right there is one of the many reasons why manufactured reality programming is the joke that it is (oxymoron?). Oh well, I still love Hell's Kitchen. :D

Corey Clark. Paula Abdul. Do y'all think it happened? :lol:

• Members

I think AI probably could have come to end after the year of Carrie Underwood. After that it started to go downhill and from Taylor Hicks on forward, has there even been a winner that enjoyed even modest commercial success? And then the show started changing the genres and instead became a giant product placement vehicle for celebrity guests shilling for sales.

Archived