GH: July Discussion Thread

• Members

Alexis didnt know it was Sonny's fault when she went to the hospital. She still doesnt know. She highly suspects he was involved but she's praying that he wasnt. She had every right to yell at Johnny bc she warned him to stay away from Kristina for this very reason.

The bomb served its purpose. Sonny nearly killed his child. It was good drama and will further cement in Kristina's mind what a monster he is. Michael is now put in a difficult position bc he knows his father is involved and will have to decide whether to keep quiet or no. It'll change Alexis' feelings towards Sonny as I dont see her inviting him for dinner again.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man I thought I read that Kristina was going to get seriously hurt and go blind or something after Johnny Skidmarks' car blew up -__- that would have been better!! But instead, her prognosis is "excellent" and she can go home after the tests are done, man...I am glad that the bomb went off in her presence though, because now it makes Sonny look even worse in her eyes, as it should. Hopefully, this keeps these two at odds for a long time to come. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want to see Kristina, or Morgan, having the same type of relationship with Sonny as Michael does. And I'm hoping that Sonny/Michael relationship is starting to fizzle, now that he heard Sonny talking about how he planted the bomb.

Betsy Franco actually did pretty well in her GH debut, IMO. I thought she did really good. Looking forward to more scenes with her and Franco. The Franco/Maxie scenes were good to. I think Maxie not telling Spinelli right away that she saw Franco is clear proof that these two do not need to ever be together. Seriously, I hope this is the real beginning of the end for them lol.

• Members

Much better. :)

And I agree, I hope Kristina gets a new boyfriend too. I'm just hoping the Franco story gets better. I still think they should have given him the Valentine Cassadine role instead and had him really stir up trouble for Luke, Lucky, and all the Spencers. But Guza and his mob "heroes." :rolleyes:

• Members

Also, WTF was up with Patrick being all like, "I gotta leave" after [!@#$%^&*] Lisa? Great way to make a girl feel good.

And Ann_SS, the "We used protection..." line was written in there for you. :) They've seen you harping about Robin getting an STD which would weaken her immune system which is already somewhat compromised because of HIV, even with the viral load being virtually undetected.

• Members

The thing is the show backed itself into a corner by making Sonny the lead. I can see how they attempted to justify that decision because of Luke (former mobster/rapist becoming romantic lead/hero), but when they did that with Luke, the character's intentions and direction changed QUITE A BIT! He wasn't mobbing and raping with people saying "you're a good man, Luke." He was saving the world and working with the good guys and even became mayor.

Sonny, however, stayed the same sluggish, slimy pig -- yet everyone says "SONNY'S A GOOD MAN!" It's not the same formula. In fact, Sonny's gotten even less "rootable" over the last 10 years.

• Members

yea GH stopped pretending as if Sonny and Jason are just "coffee importers" and have them flat out killing with the other characters fully aware of this and not even phased like its normal. Its really bad when you got the children aware of this and loving and supporting him in spite of it. I was shocked a couple of months ago when Molly tried to call a hit, but then realized she got that being exposed to her uncle Sonny

• Members

How many viewers will think, "How dare Sonny almost kill his own child" and how many will think, "Kristina was a selfish brat and she got what she deserved for her stunts."

The show has trained a lot of viewers to see Sonny as the tormented hero who is trying his best, and to see Kristina as an attention-seeking, desperate little headcase.

Archived