GH: July Discussion Thread

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To me OLTL is never bad unless Rex and Gigi are on. Ive loved OLTL my whole life. I dont feel that attachment to GH. But seriously, we have Sonny and Alexis blaming Johnny for something Sonny did. Guza has dropped so many better storylines it can make ur head spin.

BTW, Thanks ABC for the OLTL John promo during GH.

• Members

GH has it's issues for sure, but I really like it when the brains of the operation (which now appear to be Jason, Dante and Lucky) get together to hash out a problem. I could actually watch smart, sexy men for a very long time...... wub.gif

• Members
Well there is that. The show, visually, is an absolute trainwreck. The acting is awful, the stories are terrible(ask me why we should care about Hannah being interrogated by the Skeeze and Ginger Root), and there is a consistent need for flesh and sexual innuendo over good story.

Couple that with the fact that someone named "OLTL_fan" who doesn't even post regularly in this thread came to talk sh*t about a show he/she probably doesn't even watch and you're damn right I'm gonna start slinging the mud.

No one's saying GH is perfect right now or even awesome. But it beats the hell out of watching OLTL.

Glad you did not mention Spinelli. :)

• Members

Im sorry Im not always home to watch soaps live. I do have a life. Ive loved GH for years but its become too much mob and violence and not enough love and romance. OLTL has its faults by giving teens and newbies too much airtime and sometimes the storylines suck but theres at least love in the afternoon from time to time. Oh & I would add GH to my user name but I dont love GH like i do OLTL.

And if u ever look at the GH board on ABC NO ONE there likes the show at all and I think they are a little strict. I was loving GH with the whole Kristina abuse storyline. GH was very good from January to May then it changed when Michael was sent to prison and Kristina wanted to team up with Johnny for revenge against Sonny and Carly wanted revenge against Dante and Lulu. People on the GH board think OLTL is a much better soap but thats just peoples opinions which is what i was expressing, OPINIONS. I apologize if u felt offended.

• Members
Oh jeez! And I don't? I do work, pay bills, and have other activities at home and outside of my home to keep me busy. So don't cry for me Argentina.

OLTL has love in the afternoon? Could have fooled me with all those pseudogay Cosmo Bachelors running around in their skivvies. There's no love on any of these shows anymore.

This would have been a better answer than "The Car Bomb Sucked." Why does it suck? From a production standpoint did it suck? The story itself?

I'm not asking yout expound upon parallels between Bob Guza and The Sopranos. I'm not asking for themes to be conveyed in a bluebook. But please, don't drop little bombs like, "Wow GH sucked today" and not back it up with why you think it sucked.

There are some of us who hate the show, but still watch it. There are some of us who accept the show for what it is and love it. And then there are haters.

I mentioned it because you came in and FLAMED a thread with your asinine one liner about how much GH sucks. I've never seen you in this thread, you've never posted about GH before, and your ID says "OLTL_fan." Of course I'm gonna say it's better than the show you're so crazy about because not only do I believe that, but you started it by putting kerosene on a non-existent fire. Leave the GH Discussion Thread for people who watch the show, not for people who are crazy with jealousy about how much better the show is over Standard Definition, crappily directed, produced, and written One Life to Live.

No kidding. The wheels fell off that bus loooong ago! In my opinion, the bus(driven by Carlivati/Valentini) never even got started. Time to throw said bus to the junkyard!

• Members

I for one am loving the show right now. The show started to stink in May when Michael and Jason went to jail, but the prison story has ended. The show slowly improved in June and now in July I think the show is great again.

Sonny has destroyed himself with his car bomb. He almost killed his daughter, only to have her saved by his enemy Johnny. Sonny now owes Johnny one and can no longer take violent actions against him. He should just quit the mob and surrender his territory to Johnny. In the last six months he has almost killed two of his kids and gone against his own values with the car bomb.

• Members

I thought the car bomb was pointless. I was expecting Kristina to get seriously hurt like be unconscious but nothing really happened to her. Then for Alexis to go blame Johnny when this is all Sonnys fault. I also think this Franco storyline is pointless too. Im hoping the show steps it up when Brenda comes back. It really needs to.

But I am looking forward to Kristina getting a new boyfriend. Hopefully this changes her attitude and makes her happy. :)

Archived