GH: July Discussion Thread

• Members

I doubt it.

Im willing to bet some former FOJ's are not FOJ's anymore. Not because anything happened, just because time has gone on and they prob lost touch and moved on. Jill has litle to no power at GH tho, i mean she was very close with greg and rick, and look what happened there?

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would love Anna Stuart on the show -- but not as Adela. It would totally drain her of her natural vivacity and beauty. It would be a thankless role, a downtrodden, weak-willed, spineless woman who let her son take his stepfather's beatings and later hid the fact she was alive from him. She'd be the recipient of Total Hate. Can you imagine the scenes where Laura Wright gets to "confront" Adela and KICK Anna's ASS SIX WAYS TO SUNDAY? No thanks.

I thought you knew! :lol: I've been bitching about Laura Wright's Character (© R Sinclair) long enough. Weirdly, I think if I met LW in real life, she would probably win me over in terms of how she is with her fans. But whether she's just following instructions in the script or bringing her own je ne sais quoi to the role, this Carly is all wrong. And I think it definitely stems from your point about parodying/doing an impression of the role instead of "feeling" the character and taking that character's history on your shoulders.

Oh, hey, why? What prompted the divorce?

• Members

I believe Carly Benson, as portrayed by Sarah Brown, to be a girl who grew up into an insecure young woman. She's felt inferior and rejected. She had a hunger to be accepted by people who are important to her and/or important in the community. She's always afraid of being alone and losing what little she has, so she fights viciously to hang on to it. That fear causes her to self-sabotage things in her own world, because she'd rather destroy it than have someone or something else come in, blindside her and ruin it. And, yet, no matter how horrible she is to others and how much she claims she doesn't care, it's all really driven by a deep, deep feeling of never being worthy. That's why Jason was so important to her. No matter what she did, he always let her know she was important to him. A character like that, while it might not be the most endearing character on the canvas, does tend to exhibit some vulnerability.

Carly Cortinthos Jacks, as portrayed by Laura Wright, I find to be just an angry, hateful, selfish woman. Extremely immature with an extraordinary sense of entitlement. She just knows she's not only worthy, but the toughest woman in Port Charles. Nothing can stop her. She can get anything she wants. She's never vulnerable. She's a fighter. She's a bully. You'll never get the best of her... but on the off chance you do, it's not because of her. She's infallible. She's justified in every last horrendous plot, scheme, trick, plan she comes up with that is designed to hurt someone. Why? Because she's Queen of Port Charles.

• Members

LAME LAME LAME! They wasted MONEY on this?! They were willing to go to New York for this?! Really?!

And this Hospital [!@#$%^&*] is so lame...Where the hell did Warren Bauer get a gun?! I mean, this is just so f*cking stupid.

This is like high budgeted scab material. Awful.

And terrible directing too with the cam zooming in on Bradley Cole's craggleface.

This performance art sh*t is just terrible.

BTW, if that music during the opening of Franco's art exhibit sounds familiar, here's why:

Archived