AMC: Thursday, July 1, 2010

• Members

I'm totally digging the new on location shots at the park that we saw today. I thought Anthony Pascarelli did a great job capturing those scenes. Interesting establishing shots, and the whole setting just looked really good to me. I hope they film at more different spots at the park. SG (Madison) tweets about filming at that park all the time, so we are in for a lot more scenes there.

Didn't find this episode to be boring at all, really liked it actually. Amanda looking at the phone was so stupid though. She just walked outside and saw it on the bench and then started looking at it WTH?? I think she started looking at it because there was a picture of her and Jake from the wedding on there but I'm not sure. It would have made sense if that was the reason, but she still shouldn't have scrolled to see more pics. Anyways yeah the episode wasn't boring to me at all. I liked Ryan/Madison at the park, and also David/Greenlee bonding.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish the GL outdoor shots (which was all of them) looked as good as the ones on AMC today.

That being said, I like my soaps the classic way, stick to the fake trees and the wall paper background and I'm happy. I do actually think the park set is pretty darn sweet.

• Members

Liza and Damon are coming along nicely. They are starting to connect.

Good to see Colby wising up a bit, but that doesn't change the fact that Damon is just not that into her.

Amanda randomly going through Damon's phone was ridiculous, but a nice soapy development. It is good that one person knows that there is something going on between Liza and Damon.

Ryan is so nice with Madison and obnoxious in scenes with Greenlee.

David and Greenlee in bed and kissing gross me out. I keep wondering what he is doing in bed with his brother's wife? He should be looking out for Greenlee not sleeping with her.

The camera work was shaky at first, but it improved in the later scenes. Guess, the ABC budget cuts have hit AMC also.

• Members

I still don't see the chemistry between Madison and Lavery even though I at least tried to. Lavery looks at Madison and smiles at like she's more of a friend than a love interest, JMO. They both look pretty and their scenes together, but I don't see the romance.

I loved all their scenes. I thought they were too cute yesterday, JMO. I just don't like him telling her a big lie having her think that he's sacrificing everything when he's not. Now that kind of bothers me because it will hurt Greenlee and it blow up in his face. I don't know why he feels like he has to lie to her at times to bring them closer.

• Members

Yes, Amanda is now officially Jake's wife and therefore equally annoying!

I liked the episode too, and the camera wasn't half as shaky here as it was on GL. Amanda's weak reason for looking through the phone photos was because Tad told her Damon took some great pictures at her wedding on it. Still, if he could download to a computer, she shouldn't have assumed they were still on his phone now and she had no right to look through them.

I'm really enjoying both Ryan/Madison and Greenlee/David, as well.

At this point, I hope Damon runs as far away from Colby as possible. She's really gotten clingy and hiring Tad to find out if he's dating someone else felt kind of disturbing, imo (even if it was reminiscent of Brooke hiring Tad to find out who the father of Dixie's baby was).

I loved how Liza sees the humanity in Damon. It's so much nicer that they'll have a deep connection if/when they sleep together instead of being a plot-driven twist for her to break up him and Colby.

Madison has salvaged Ryan for me. I'm dreading his eventual reunion with Greenlee because they're just toxic (and unwatchable) together.

• Members

did anyone else find Colby incredibly annoying?

One thing I did notice was crossover potential here. With Colby getting a summer internship in the fashion industry in NY, I thought of GH's Kate Howard who runs a fashion magazine in NY and has contacts and affiliates in NYC. It would be interesting if she were one of the people Colby met with upon going (if she does)

• Members

ITA that Colby hiring Tad was over the top, but imo, it makes her Adam's daughter if that is the plan. The need to control and have everything her way is very Adam. He always got obsessed with the women he got involved with.

This is exactly why I am enjoying this story. So far Liza sees through the BS that Damon throws Tad and Colby's way. Damon tells them what they want to hear versus what he really thinks. Liza can tell when he is genuine. I want them emotionally connected by the time they sleep together so once the affair is exposed they can't break away from each other easily.

• Members

I really love the location shots. It's difficult to find anything that would look like Pine Valley in the neighborhood where the show shoots but it looks like they found a place. However, it's going to be jarring to go back to that regular park set after seeing these outdoor scenes. It would've been great for the show to find something that resembled Port Jefferson to shoot Yacht Club scenes.

• Members

There will be no Colgateby and Damon. Colby sealed that particular fate by attempting to hire the boy's own father (of barely five minutes now) to spy on him. If you are suspicious and you must snoop, fine, snoop, but the nerve of this girl to approach her boyfriend's dad to do it. Dummy, Tad the desperate wannabe good father could turn right around and tell Damon what his girlfriend's up to, his allegiance is with his son, but of course Tad is going to [!@#$%^&*] that up and he and Colby both will lose Damon if only temporarily. At her age, Colby's watched enough teen dramas to know that trying to keep "the wounded bad boy, the drifter, the rebel" under your thumb never goes over well. I just hope Khan isn't right and Tad and Colby don't fall into each other's arms along the way. Blech.

• Members

I thought they looked good too and I often wondered why they didn't just go outside when they had a pretty unremarkable park set, but now it almost feels weird to see them in the real out of doors. :lol: It kind of looks like that's where they always wanted to be and they had to settle for a set until they scouted just the right location/worked out scheduling, permits, and such.

• Members

I guess I'm the only one who sees a disturbing trend, here. Did "we" spend all last summer shooting unnecessary location scenes at the yacht club... and then immediately after Labor Day weekend had to resort to the 2 week long dance marathon because... gee... somehow the budget called for the show to take place in one location because there wasn't enough money to build and strike sets?

"Any time we step foot out of the studio -- one foot out of the studio, the costs triple, and the tension and the work triple." - Felicia Minei Behr, 1994, All My Children: Behind the Scenes (ABC Video).

Archived