Disney's Tangled

EricMontreal22

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I mean 3D. As opposed to 2D, classic Disney of Aladdin, Mermaid etc. 3D like this one creates an illusion that the characters are in #D while 2D doesn't. Different than Avatar's 3D, for which you need special glasses etc., but still 3D.

Mulan's Huns scene is computer generated but isn't 3D.

• Members

OK, I think I get you, though I think CGI (like this) always has that illusion? I'm not a CGI fan actually, as much as I like animation, but I appreciate the different (to my eyes) look they've gone here.

Even if I don't think it looks as gorgeous as I hoped when I read this was the inspiration:

Fragonard-The%20Swing.jpg

• Members

I've heard that trailer is marketing the movie to the mainstream crowd, hoping to pull in guys who wouldn't go see a movie about a princess named Rapunzel. In reality this is something different.

We shall see...

• Members

Yeah, I think with a new Disney princess to add to their line, they aren't worried about the girl audience but are about the boy (apparently this is a reason it's not called Rapunzel or Rapunzel Unbraided as rumoured at one point). It is true that the "boy" based ones--Aladdin, Lion King, tend to do better even than movies like Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast. I've read elsewhere that apparently it's far less comedic, action packed and Shrek like than that ad makes it seem.

Archived