• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

James Hyde (ex-Sam, PASSIONS) was supposed to play Hank Bennett on PASSIONS but was cast as Sam at the eleventh hour.

Ben Masters (ex-Julian, PASSIONS) was considered for Sam Bennett before being cast as Julian Crane.

Dennis Parlato (ex-Clay, LOVING) was rumored to be considered for Alistair and Julian.

In addition to Parlato, allegedly, David Hedison (ex-Spencer, AW), Donald May (ex-Adam, The Edge of NIght), Quinn Redeker (ex-Alex, DAYS), Roy Thinnes (ex-Sloan, OLTL), John Forsythe (ex-Blake, DYNASTY), John Reilly (ex-Sean, GH), Charles Keating (ex-Carl, AW), and Nicolas Coster (ex-Eduardo, ATWT) were among the many actors considered for Alistair before the late David Bailey took on the role.

LIza Huber read for Sheridan, and MacKenzie Westmore read for Gwen.

Philip Brown (ex-Buck, LOVING) was rumored to be considered for both Sam Bennett and Martin Fitzgerald.

Eric Martsolf (Brady, DAYS) originally auditioned for Ethan when PASSIONS first went on the air.

Katherine Helmond was rumored to be considered for Rachel Barrett.

• Members

That's the second or third time I've read Katherine Helmond's name linked to a soap role (another being Helena Cassadine). Was she really serious about taking on a daytime gig or was her name just sort of tossed about?

• Members

When PASSIONS first premiered in 1999, Ben Masters had dark brown hair and went gray over time. I could see why people finding Masters being considered for other characters strange.

Even though James Hyde made Sam Bennett his own, he was too young IMHO, in hindsight.

James Hyde was playing a character who was supposed to be at least a decade older. His younger brother, Hank, was supposed to be young enough to be his son.

With Hyde playing Sam, Sam, Hank, and Ethan looked like they were closer in age.

Honestly, could you buy him being a father (Ethan, Noah, Kay, Jessica, and Jack) and grandfather (Little Ethan, Jane, Jonathan, Maria, and Little Spike) with him looking like he's in his late twenties/early thirties.

When PASSIONS first premiered in 1999, Ben Masters had dark brown hair and went gray over time. I could see why people finding Masters being considered for other characters strange.

Edited by AArredondo02

• Members

I also wish Oppenheimer had stayed on as Alistair, although hearing that about Katherine Helmond makes me wonder if they considered Robert Mandan.

Didn't somebody say Robin Mattson was up for Grace and Faith? Either way, anybody would have done much better than Dana Sparks.

• Members

i cant remember who it was maybe Finola Huges or Fiona Hutchison. It was one of them. Anyway one of them said that Passions met with a lot of vets when they began casting and the fact that Passions was demanding 5 year contracts turned many vets off.

Edited by John

• Members

I remember reading Finola Hughes was offered or considered for the original cast of Passions, can't recall which role though. I'm sure it's been mentioned before that James Reilly wrote Sheridan Crane with Melissa Reeves in mind for the role.