ALL: They Almost Became

• Members

Gerry Waggett's OLTL trivia book claims the show wanted Genie Francis for a Sarah Gordon recast when Jensen Buchanan first left, but Agnes Nixon lured her to AMC to play Ceara Connor instead. I'd never known that. (It also claims they gave up on the oft-recast Dan Wolek because one of the producers called its revolving door status "the role from hell".)

Edited by Vee

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Interesting you should mention Genie Francis. In 1982, when Genie departed GH for the first time, the show was said to consider recasting the role of Laura Spencer with actresses like Sharon Stone (very pre-Basic Instinct) and Catherine Hickland. Rumor has it, Sharon auditioned for the Heather Webber role on the same show back in the late seventies, but Robin Mattson got the job.

Oh, Francis was rumored to be in contention for both the Eden and Kelly roles when Santa Barbara first went on the air in 1984.

• Members

When Genie first appeared on All My Children, I was in the room watching with my mother and she commented about rumors of the show's plans to make her "the new Erica" as it looked like Susan might permanently leave for primetime. Was this legit soap magazine speculation or just my mom and her friends at work hypothesizing?

• Members

I thought the original Passions cast was mostly awful and miscast, james being a pretty good example. I think they did a better job with the casting at Sunset Beach, they just had writing with no clear point of view. Aside from a few key people Reilly had some of the worst actors when Passions began.

Edited by titan1978

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

GH had cast Keely Shaye Smith as Katherine Delafield,Scorpio's new love interest, a concert pianist.

Edie Lehmann was brought in to play piano for close ups but exec producer Joe Hardy was impressed with her look even though she had never acted and gave her the role of Katherine,

Keely got to play Valerie a therapist.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...