ALL: They Almost Became

• Members

Someone said some time ago that JFP and/or Guza had tried to snag Colleen Zenk when ATWT went down in 2010, to use her as the recast Bobbie Spencer on GH. Tony Geary, who had stepped in years prior when Jill and Megan McTavish had tried to send Bobbie off to Ferncliff and can Jackie Zeman to speed the ascent of Jensen Buchanan's Nurse Melissa during their brief reign, vetoed it again.

I do often wonder if Colleen would've made a better evil Irene Manning on OLTL in 2011 - she's played Roger Howarth's mother before, but I'm not sure she could sell being Erika Slezak's contemporary.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

She would've easily been better than Barbara Rhoades, who had her moments but was mostly just very awkward IMO.

Or you could've gone really nuts and dug up Lara Parker or Kathryn Leigh Scott from Dark Shadows, but I digress...

Edited by Vee

• Members

I don't think anyone could remember Barbara Rhoades for anything, honestly - I don't think it was a Maria Arena Bell type situation or anything. It seemed like such a random choice. And RC and FV, in my experience, generally go for daytime names vs. primetime (even Donna Mills, one of the rare outliers, is mostly known for a primetime soap). So I doubt it was like 'ooh, she has some primetime credits from 1975.'