• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I was watching a 1990 interview with Christopher Templeton (Carole Robbins, Y&R), and she said that Another Life had promised her a role for years, that the show was created around her and the character was written for her, but they just kept her waiting for a lot of years. She eventually just gave up and moved from Phoenix to California to start her acting career in Hollywood.

Unfortunately she started talking about something else and never finished talking about the show. I wonder if they ever did anything with this character or if it never happened. Perhaps she was a casualty of the show shifting away from its original format.

• Members

They claimed early on they were going to tell stories about various topics (abortion, homosexuality, etc.). In the end they only just ever talked about abortion, I believe. Not that disability is the same as those, but I meant I wonder if they were planning to tell social issue material and a disability story would have been part of that.

I assume she didn't actually think it was going to be about her, just that they had a major part written for her.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...