Y&R: Actress leaving

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes - it's sad for me to see La Haiduk go. When she was brought on as a enigmatic, fragile yet lethal weapon by Victor, there was all this intrigue and curiosity about who, why and how she was. But after revealing Patty to be SO completely disturbed without hope of treatment or cure, they pretty much put an expiration date on the character. Where could she go?

Emily, so joyless and rigid, was not a very inspired creation - no fault to Haiduk who played it better than written. I would've liked to see Emily completely different, sort of a maverick free spirit who didn't take orders or bull from anyone, who broke the rules. It would've been more believable that Jack would be attracted to a firecracker like that than a graceful psychiatrist. That way, when they eventually phased out Patty we would've been left with the more exciting and interesting of the two.

But it's all over now - though the report hasn't been confirmed by CBS as far I've seen. The show has been a great showcase for her talent - more than AMC was by far. And now she can possibly get some bigger roles. So I'm happy for her! And yes - she's still my She-Ro!

• Members

Her ass needed to go. They wrote Patty into a corner a year ago. Emily is DOA. Why is anyone upset or shocked? Even MAB had to realize at someone she had to go. I just wonder who Jack will get paired with. Maybe Phyllis (which is so lazy) with Nick and Sharon possibly reuiniting.

• Members

For a moment I feared it would be Walton. Phew.

:lol:

Sad, but true.

And I unfortunately don't think it's going to stop anytime soon. She showed her desire for killing years ago and it's only going to get worse. I still can't believe she killed Liz. :(

Archived