Y&R: Actress leaving

• Members

It's telling Y&R will do ANYTHING to keep his useless ass on the show but won't expend the effort to use Mel beyond when its absolutely necessary (and sometimes not even then).

Nikki is so far removed from any Y&R relevancy it's sad.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if the main reason they fired her was because she couldn't secure an Emmy nomination. They tried so hard to make her happen and tried so hard to give her Emmy bait material and it just didn't pay off. I'm willing to bet, had she secured an Emmy nomination, Maria would not have gotten rid of her.

As we've seen, Maria has no problems keeping characters and actors past their expiration date on this show...

• Members

Today.

I mean, she irritates me. I hate the sleepy look in her eyes, the voice... Just... Argh.

But what DeeeDee says is true. What can I say? The writing was her undoing, not so much the lack of acting skills.

• Members

Stacy is a good actress but she has long overstayed her welcome. It was ridiculous to extend Pattys character. That seemed like such a short term role considering where they went with her and it amazes me that she is still on the show. The Emily character was such a ridiculous concept and seemed liked a desperate attempt at further extending her time on the show. Emily never had a place and should not have stayed more than a week. Y&R kept trying to make her happen and I guess finally realized that they cant. There are some roles that are meant to be short term and I hate it when shows sometimes dont get that they are beating a dead horse by not realizing when a character has overstayed its welcome (Gloria, Im also looking at you)

• Members

I still can't quite forget how quickly they went from trying to establish some sort of mystery about MJ to just having her as a full blown lunatic. That was one of the first times that the drumbeat about the awesomeness of MAB/Rauch/Sheffer started to fade away.

• Members

If they wanted her to "happen" then they shouldn't have killed the stuff cat. That cat was a major source of popularity for the Patty character.

The half ass redemptions of some characters started off when Jack Smith redeemed Kevin, didn't it?

Archived