Y&R: Actress leaving

• Members

neslon just reported that SH got fired because the show's focus group didn't like the boring emily, which is funny seeing how MAB has said in a recent interview with that she doesn't use focus groups.

Rumor is that sean young will be staying on the show and will be casted as love interest for either jack are victor, i think MAB and Co are getting ready to get rid on nikki/MTS:mad: which will be a freakin shame seeing there is alot of bad actor/actress on the show playing useless characters

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who are those who lacked sympathy for other fanbases? Just because I favor the Baldwin-Fishers it does not mean I don't think the Winters or Williams deserve better and more story. But I think it is only human nature to champion your favorites. Why does it have to be a battle of one fanbase against another? This show works best when it is balanced. It always has.

As for Gloria, I wasn't bitching that she is not getting story I was stating that she has been on the backburner. I am glad Michael and Lauren are getting story that doesn't involve her heavily. You are inferring quite a bit about my post that is not how I feel.

As for story, the River story was in the fall of 2008 and lasted a couple months as a B story. The chimpmunk story was a Kevin and Scooby gang story. I didn't like the story. The truth is I have always been more of a Michael and Lauren fan than a fan of the whole family, although I do like Greg Rikkhart, Emily O'Brien and Judith Chapman's as actors.

Michael was a prop to Kevin during the chimpmunk story and Lauren was non existant. Then this year Lauren and Michael were thrown into the Ryder and Daisy story to try to salvage a lousy Scooby story that was not well liked. It made little sense and the Sarah aspect lasted all of a month and bastardized the Shiela-Lauren history.

Lauren and Michael are finally getting more story, but hardly dominating. I don't expect them to dominate. I just like seeing them get some story. That's not a crime. I can only assume they did fairly well in those surveys last fall because for most of 2009, many of us were expecting the show to get rid of Tracey Bregman.

As for Billy, Jack and Ashley they have done relatively well under MAB, storywise. Ashley's been busy with her marriage to Victor, Adam's gaslighting, and now her romance with Neil and Tucker. Jack was heavily involved with MJ, Patty, and Emily while floating in and out of other's stories and Billy has bedded almost every woman under 40 on canvas, as well as had a baby, been married and divorced in less than two years on the show. I would like Tracy back as I think she could play the emotional heart of the family, but I doubt that is going to happen.

I agree that no fan base is all that happy. The only family that is getting heavy play are the Newmans. Others do better while some like the Winters and Williams definitely need more story.

• Members

When The Winters & Williams actors & characters were being screwed (some still are) you had very little sympathy for them & their fans.

Yet now that it's arguably happening to the characters/actors you favor it's suddenly a problem?

Easy to say when one finds themselves in the same boat with other screwed fanbases. :lol:

You do the same to me all the time.

Just returning the favor.

Regardless if you didn't like the stories the actors & characters were still featured heavily & consistently.

Compare that to Doug Davidson who is almost back to LML not appearing weeks at a time or Kristoff/Bryton/Darius who only get airtime when Scottie Pippen does.

And how do you think Chancellor fans felt when Phillip came back from the dead & only to be gone again in 3 months after propping CANE?

Or Barber fans having Dru & Liv's groundbreaking legacies pimped to constantly prop an actress that's never going to happen?

Or Williams fans waiting DECADES for Patty & Heather to return only to be royally screwed three times (Patty unredeemable, Vail recast, SH fired) in about 6 months?

Yes you do.

You like Michael/Lauren as a couple but the sun doesn't rise & set on them.

Despite not being leads they've played prominent supporting role in story after story.

Everything from camping out at The Abbotts during Jack/Sharon's marriage to sparring with Adam to babysitting Amber to counseling Nick & Giggly Heffa about their horrible Couch Sex.

Really?

When not being kicked in the balls by Grambo Aunt Jack babysat Noah & was cuckolded by Sharon, his ex stepson & toothy brother. After that was done he was raped by one of his ex wives then married her psychiatrist that conveniently shared the same face & couldn't tell them apart for months (in effect being raped repeatedly).

When not being Grambo's concubine Ashley was gaslit by one of her stepsons, put in the care of a serial molester of Women & completely separated from her real family. During which time she fell down the stairs, had her baby's remains thrown in a fireplace, was given a kidnapped child only to have it ripped from her arms by the real parents less than 6 months later at which time she was engaged in a relationship with a 15+ year friend of hers that occurred mainly off screen until someone more rich, more wealthy & more White came along allowing her to lovingly cuckold & emasculate said friend.

When not being half of one failed pairing after another Billy was a Newman sycophant only turning to his family when he needed cash or a get out of jail free card all the while heaping ridicule on them for not living up to his hypocritical high standards. During which time he was so drunk & promiscuous he endangered his child's life (when not totally ignoring her), completely ignored his Mother/Biological Brother/Nephew, made his niece's death all about him, completely alienated his soulmate (Mackenzie) & his baby mother (Chloe) who went from being enemies to civil from shared experiences of dealing with HIM. After which he married a Newman proceeding to alternately use & degrade her when not shallowly whining about how life is so unfair to him.

And let's not even start with Traci & Colleen.

The only time The Abbotts get story is to be degraded & further ruined if that's what you want for your precious Baldwin-Fishers you're more than welcome to it.

• Members

Of course, SH was fired because Emily is boring. Hello? There was zero character development before Jack was all over her, which is pretty sick anyway. regardless, they could have spent months building to the switch, etc. However, it's clear that the endgame was that they wanted to merge the Sarah/Patty stories. It's too bad.

• Members

When did I ever show a lack of sympathy for the Williams and Winters? I have always liked Paul and although I don't care for Lily and Cane, I think the other Winters deserve more story. I don't even post here that often that I would have developed a reputation of disliking the Williams or Winters family.

Why it is a crime for me to be a fan of Michael and Lauren? I do not expect them to dominate and have only ever wanted them to have story. So what if they have played supporting roles in multiples stories. I don't get why it is a problem that they have used Tracey Bregman and Christian LeBlanc in stories over the years. I also don't get why you seem pissed that I am a fan of this couple. It is not a shock that they are favorites of mine. You have your favorites. I have mine. I would never criticize you for liking who you like.

I was not talking about quality of the Abbott story but quantity. Most stories these days are dogs. The Sarah story was moronic and I hated the Ashley gaslighting story. So what is the point? Most of the stories under MAB are lame whether they are written for the Abbotts or Baldwins.

I have no desire to argue with you. You originally stated that MAB only cared about the Newmans and Baldwin-Fishers and I disagreed. We had a difference of opinion. There doesn't always have to be a winner and loser in a discussion. I don't really get the hostility. Occasionally we have disagreed, but other times I have agreed with your posts, and I don't even post here that often. I don't get where the accusations of insensitivity are coming from. That was never my intention. You can call me a liar, but that is the truth as far as I am concerned.

• Members

When did I ever show a lack of sympathy for the Williams and Winters?

I said you showed a lack of sympathy for their fanbases.

Like with Rowell how everything is her fault & how Y&R couldn't possibly the least bit culpable and/or racist or how characters/actors like Sharon Case get a lot of airtime when Leblanc & Bregman don't is a problem when that airtime amounts to them being written OOC (klepto) or degraded (sleeping with Nick/Jack/Billy).

Why it is a crime for me to be a fan of Michael and Lauren?

I didn't say you being a Michael/Lauren fan was a crime.

Again. What I said was that Michael & Lauren are not the center of the universe & I've agreed with you many times about them deserving their own story away from the rest of The Baldwin Fishers.

But the minute someone criticizes The Baldwin-Fishers you get upset even when it's clear The Baldwin Fishers being criticized are usually Gloria & Kevin (and sometimes Jeff & Jana).

They've had prominent roles in stories where they don't even belong in addition to whatever stories they lead & played support in. Like when Lauren fell down the stairs at Jack/Sharon's or Sharon was turned into a klepto all so Michael & Lauren would have someone to bitch at about Eden.

First I am not pissed as you put it about you liking Michael/Lauren.

Second we indeed all have favorites but when it was other characters being sacrificed or being back burnered/mistreated by TPTB you didn't have much to say unless it was Michael/Lauren focused.

The point is that you want a quantity of quality story for Michael/Lauren when NOBODY gets that.

Even cast members who outrank Bregman/Leblanc as far as seniority (and arguably character importance) like Mel Scott & Doug Davidson barely get story & it's been that way for years.

Ever since Jack Smith The Baldwin-Fishers have been RappaDavidsoned into Genoa City at the entire show (and viewing audience's) expense. Them being back burnered to a small extent will not kill them.

If you say so.

Yep.

Apparently there does since you're still responding.

One person's hostility is another person's difference of opinion.

Ditto.

And every time you post about Michael/Lauren getting stories without Kevin/Jeff/Jana/Eden I've agreed with you even though Michael/Lauren are not a couple I particularly care for.

Like I said before The Baldwin Fishers have been RappaDavidsoned onto Y&R's canvas incessantly since Jack Smith. There are Y&R fans who were there before them that resent their (BaldwinFisher) fans whining about what their actors/characters don't get when SO many other characters have been sacrificed for them.

And if you don't like being branded insensitive it's probably best not brand others hostile.

• Members

http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/latebreakingnews/

Haiduk's Contract Is Dropped! clear.gif

According to an announcement on Stacy Haiduk's fan site, the actress has been let go as THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS' Patty and Emily. "After a critically acclaimed and captivating run as Patty Williams and Dr. Emily Peterson on Y&R, Stacy Haiduk's contract was not picked up again," reads the June 19 post. Could the news really be true? Well, the fan site was the first to break the news of Haiduk's Y&R casting, long before the soap confirmed the news. As soon as we find out more information, we'll let you know! UPDATE: Y&R has confirmed that Haiduk's contract cycle is not being renewed � but that doesn't necessarily mean that PEmily is leaving Genoa City for good. �Stacy Haiduk is a fantastic actress and we are thrilled with her performances as Patty Williams and Dr. Emily Peterson,� says co-executive producer/headwriter Maria Arena Bell. �Though she is going off contract we hope that Stacy will reprise the role in the future.�

Archived