Y&R: Actress leaving

• Members

And they already stole from that story with worthless Fluckers.

Long lost child search is messed up because you're looking for the wrong gender.

Someone pretends to be your long lost child as part of a con.

The real long lost child is involved with trying to steal your company.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know you don't like the Baldwin-Fishers but come on. This family is not dominating the show? Michael is a prop for the Newmans, Phyllis and his other clients. Gloria has been backburned for over a year and a half. The Kevin-Jana-Ryder story is played about once a week. Lauren had about a month of heavy story with the ridiculous doppelganger nonsense after spending most of 2009 backburned.

The Abbotts get far more story than the Baldwin-Fishers. The Newmans, the triangle from hell, and Adam are eating this show.

• Members

I doubt it had much to do with her not getting an emmy nom, and more to do with the fact she is a 40 plus year old actress and the only viable character she can play now is Emily who is not all that interesting. I never thought the Jack-Emily pairing was all that interesting, but they destroyed any chance for the couple when they had Jack livng and sleeping with Patty for months and not knowing the difference. I thought Haiduk was pretty good though. Wish her well, but I can see why she was written out.

• Members

I know you're a Baldwin-Fisher fan but perspective, much?

John is dead, Brad is dead, Colleen is dead, Jack is as much a prop to The Newmans as Michael supposedly is, Ashley (when not being driven insane) got a second long (literally) "relationship" with Neil before becoming Tucker's "redemption", Mamie is MIA as are Diane/Keemo/Kyle, Traci's banished (AGAIN) after having her brain dead daughter's heart literally ripped from her chest to be given to the man who tried to kill her brother, Abby who grew up a CARLTON/ABBOTT now is ALL Newman & Cordelia is being raised a Chancellor.

The ONLY Abbott that gets significant airtime for their own stories is Billy who has a string of failed relationships, only interacts with his family when he wants something & is a glorified Newman lap dog.

• Members

I didn't say the Abbotts are dominating. I said they get more story than the Baldwin-Fishers. I just don't see MAB favoring the Baldwin-Fishers. Right now the show might as well be the Newmans hour since they are on five days a week (except for Nikki who now spends most of her time off sceen babysitting Nick's kids).

• Members

What's sad is I don't think ANYONE is happy with the show right now. No fanbase can be happy with it. If you like the Baldwin/Fishers they're on the backburner, if you like the Abbotts they're just props, if you like Kay & Jill they're sidelined with sh*tty writing, if you like the Newmans they're a mess with repetitive boring storylines.

Nobody is happy and that's just terrible. MAB and Co should be ashamed of themselves. Y&R has never been this bad.

• Members

As they should given their seniority.

But in terms of quality The Baldwin-Fishers are WAY ahead.

Granted it's Maria's Y&R so the quality is bottom of the barrel but still The Baldwin-Fishers have been Y&R's pet project since Jack Smith.

And yet for all of her non favoring that family keeps expanding wwhile families like The Williams & Barber-Winters (both of whom have significant seniority over The Baldwin-Fishers) get next to nothing.

And for someone who despises how Gloria dominates Michael/Lauren stories you're griping cause she's back burnered (even if she should totally have been written off) now?

The Baldwin-Fishers JUST came off the Sarah story. Before that it was The Chipmunk. Before that it was River.

Now it's Jill/Lauren & Chipmunk/Jana/Ryder.

They're certainly not hurting for story.

When other fanbases were being screwed there was a significant lack of sympathy from other fanbases.

Now that it's happening to them it's suddenly an issue.

• Members

while her roles became more and more worthless as per their creation, resurgence, and wirting I think the actress really made decent lemondades out of rotten lemons. Can't say I'll miss watching her as I no longer do watch this crap but I hope hher talents are better used elsewhere

Archived