Y&R: Actress leaving

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Unfortunately their best in demos is not GOOD ENOUGH and hasn't been good enough for a very long time and especially not for a show who was noted for also being #1 in Quality. And now MAB and her motley crew are getting called out for it (and I am so enjoying this). The show should be doing way better than it is and CBS expects more. Y&R has a big budget and they shouldn't be getting paid for producing a sh***y product (much better led companies have learnt to actually improve their bottom line and products with less).

I hope CBS & Sony will be putting that money siphoned from Y&R to good use. When MAB can prove she has what it takes to turn this show around and bring up the #s CBS wants, not just scraping by or desperately hanging on, maybe CBS/Sony will actually increase their budget. Let's hope this happens before cancellation occurs.

Bring on the bloodbath - it is going to be an ugly sight.

And I am not going to miss Stacy Haiduk, she is a good actress but for me, highly overrated. And her characters added nothing to the show (though I will really miss crazy Patty)and it didn't help that she had crappy writing. I am blaming all of this, everything on MAB - she is the one that has put this show in such a weakened position. I keep saying the Bells need to develop their own network LOL.

• Members

The only thing I will miss about Stacy Haiduk is the Patty Jane theme.

And I'm not surprised Y&R is facing budget cuts. If Maria gave a damn about keeping a good relationship with the network, Barbara Bloom wouldn't try to find ways to slash her budget because of declining ratings and ad revenue.

• Members

WHAT???????!!!! Don't you know, Maria Arena Bell can't be bullied, she won't be, gosh darn it. She rulesssss., it's HER VISION, HER SHOW. Somewhere along the line she conveniently forgot that she is making a product that someone actually buys and it's not for her "internal use" only. And I guess she forgot that CBS have employees & shareholders to answer to while the Bells don't. Good for Barbara Bloom,I would be slashing the budget too and looking for new ways to add profit to the company I work for. And if CBS slsher their budget for the show, then Sony must be doubling CBS' #s.

I feel so bad for the actors who have to pay the price, but heck, some of them thought she was the best thing since sliced bread - let's see how they feel when the pink slips come a-calling.

Ok, let me just finish now before I get started!! :lol:

• Members

That's the most amazing thing. These people sit in a cloud of "Oh, we're #1, we would never be canceled." I think it will be very telling if ATWT's replacement tanks or does as well as ATWT did(i.e. Let's Make a Deal in GL's slot).

I would be very concerned if I were Y&R/B&B.

• Members

I hadn't thought the consequences of Emily's departure for Jack. There has to be another woman on the canvas for Jack other than Phyllis. Maybe Jack will be single for awhile.

If ATWT's replacement programming does as well as LMAD, then I definitely think that B&B is gone by 2012. No way around that one. CBS would be happy slotting in some cheaper programming with Y&R anchoring its afternoon line up. Y&R can easily stand on its own.

• Members

I'm actually happy about this:) the writers should have written her out last year after the whole colleen death storyline.

the diva i think nelson was talking about was SH as he said that the actress didn't know it was coming. and SH just did a interview with micheal fairman about the emmy's and saying that she wasn't leaving the show and that she was happy there.

the one person on the show who i would love to see get the boot is EB he is killing the freakin show. but i would agreed with the other posts the show would mostly likely get rid of MTS are JW before they get rid the the dead weights on the show.

Peter bergern is also another actor i would add to the list of people on the chopping block. jack will have no story when emily leaves what will jack do. the show is setting up a tucker/victor feud. and with the spumor that phyliss will be hooking up with the new cop JB. .

• Members

That cover looks like a Jerry Springer episode.

I think it's time for Jack to go. They clearly aren't interested in him and the Abbott family is dead anyway. If they want to feature their beloved Chompers and his lack of chemistry with every scene partner he encounters, more for them.

They should have written out Haiduk for good after the Colleen killing. Emily was a bore and the switch story was so obviously done.

At least she'll always have:

• Members

They served their purpose & once Scottie Pippen's ostriches hatch there won't be anything left for them.

Especially after Neil finishes being humiliated by Tucker/Ashley & Neil/FauxDru/FauxMalcolm tanks in the next 6 months.

They'll quietly cut Bryton first, then Darius & FauxDru, then finally Kristoff.

Branson & Bethel.

THERE'S your new token. :lol:

Archived