Dennis Hopper Dies

Sylph

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did they ever clear up the drama with his wife?

I have to admit I never liked Easy Rider, I thought it was depressing and elitist and kind of a mess, but I did love Dennis in Blue Velvet, and Speed, and then that bizarre moment where he took such an active role in Princess Diana's 2007 memorial celebration (apparently William was a big fan of Dennis Hopper). I guess they're having a conversation right about now...

It seems like in the past few years more celebrities pass away in a cluster. I guess that's part of the "three" rule. I've never fully believed that but one day after the other (Art Linkletter/Gary Coleman/Dennis Hopper) you begin to.

• Members

If you are referring to his fifth wife, Victoria Duffy, they separated in January, I believe. He was then granted a restraining order against her.

After that, she was supposed to move out of Hopper's home, but refused, then left town, which is when he accused her of fleeing with his art... :wacko: I have no idea what happened since, but I think I've read somewhere she was allowed to stay in Hopper's home.

• Members

Oh wow, may he rest in peace. It was clear that he was in his last days, and it was so terrible, tacky, and unfortunate that they had to be besmirched by that mess with his ex-wife.

When I hear his name, I always think of his scene with Christopher Walken in True Romance.

Archived