May 17-21, 2010

Toups

• Members

I find it the most interesting thing GH has done in ages. It's different, it's new for GH. When was the last time GH did an extended storyline in a prison? And it's nice to listen to the characters talk about new things, and for good or bad predatory prison guards and gang territory in the workout yard is new. And new day players like the guard and the bald guy..they are only going to be here a few weeks possibly and it is refreshing to look at new faces sometimes instead of the same old same old that is going on with most of the show. I also like the dungeon set Tracy Quartermaine is in.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A rating point meant less viewers than it does now, though. But still not remotely enough to make that much of a difference :P

Let me guess, you blame Agnes Nixon for selling OLTL when she did. :P

Meh, no one thought it would jump to second place, did they? It has been recently ABC's top rated soap a number of times...

• Members

Well it is good to spot a hater of Liason and there must be a hell of alot of Liason fans out there to keep this couple number one in the polls in almost every soap mag. Well it seems to me that blackout done by those so call 50 fans made one hell of a difference in the ratings but then again you keep on hating.

• Members

And you have no proof that a blackout, by any fanbase, didn't affect the ratings. The simple fact that there IS a blackout should be an indicator of a problem for any soap opera.

I understand you don't like that couple. I understand some don't even call them a couple. I understand there are many who say they never have been and never will be a couple. That's ok. But to say there are only 50 online fans for that fanbase? That is nothing but a gross under-exaggeration. Theres a reason why there has been a fanwar,somewhat encouraged by tptb at GH, going on for years now.

• Members

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm not even the one who said that were only 50 online fans for Liason, and I NEVER said I didn't like them, all I said was that there was no proof that the blackout caused a drop in the ratings.

Personally, I'm indifferent to Liason, I would take them over JaSam anyday.

• Members

The real problem would have been in the show listened to or even acknowledged the blackout or in any way tinkered with the show to appease this one group of fans who want the entire show to be written so one couple could be featured. That has been the problem with ABC soaps for too many years: refusing to write anything new for the shows so they can appease viewers who basically want to write the show and then watch what they wrote. The fact it may not be interesting for everyone who wants to watch the show with no rooting interest in these couples is immaterial. "If the show is good but the couple is out, that's unacceptable. If the show is bad but I have my couple, well too bad for you!"

It is a wonder Erica Kane ever got to wedding #2. If the viewers thought then the way they do now, AMC would still be teasing Erica and Jeff out of fear of alienating people. I also don't know how the show can encourage a fan war. The show has no way to force viewers to look at the show so...monomaniacally I guess is a good way to describe it. That applies to Jason/Liz fans, the people years ago for Sonny and Carly, and just about anybody who wants to coerce the show to write specific scripts and plots.

Archived