• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • Members

It wouldn't shock me. Which is why I still think their much-hailed new Friday the 13th series from Bryan Fuller will end up vaporware, though it sounds very promising. (It always does when Fuller talks up a project he then either quits or watches get cancelled in pre-production, not that that's always his fault.) I can't see them throwing that kind of huge weight behind anything on Peacock if this downward slide continues for them.

It's Discovery that is ripping HBO Max apart, having just bought up WB. It's a fire sale and they're callously pillaging both the film and TV libraries - dumping original streaming series without warning, etc. - just to keep the company together after inheriting a ton of debt. Discovery is reality TV/home improvement guys who don't see the value in Max. So Degrassi (among other prospective TV/film projects that pre-dated their merger) getting caught up in that purge doesn't shock me. But Degrassi as a property will outlive this messy Discovery merger, somewhere on some platform.

Edited by Vee

• Members

(re: Peacock) I mean they canceled Saved by the Bell despite the show being received well by the audience. I don't have much hope that BelAir will last much longer either despite the great reception they have received too. 

(re: HBO/Discovery) Thank you for clarifying what is going on with them. Makes more sense. I do hope that Degrassi pops back up again. I hate that Netflix got rid of Degrassi Next Class as I actually liked that show. 

Edited by NothinButAttitude

• Members

There's been a ton of big stories about it in the last couple months I encourage you to check out. David Zaslav and the new Discovery management have plopped a ton of Discovery 'flip this house', etc. reality content onto HBO Max and have been torching a number of original series that have no physical releases or alternate sources whatsoever, potentially rendering them lost media. All just to try to get tax writeoffs and untangle the massive debt they inherited from this merger. I don't see this union lasting.