My Generation: Discussion Thread

• Members

I just caught last week's premier, cuz I was bored and wanted to watch it in case I was up for episode 2... Nah I think I'll stick to Vamp Diaries lol. It's an interesting concept (I wonder how the original Swedish show was?) even if we've seen both the faux documentary style and the two eras thing (with that flop show Reunion which I actually even found much more appealing than this)... I just thought it was pretty awful. Maybe they tried to shove too many soap opera twists into the pilot and it will settle down--but all that stuff (as well as everything from the acting to the camera work and narration) betrayed any attempt to actually make it feel like a documentary. I dunno, I hate to piss on a show that's trying something different when ti seems like this season for network tv is so god damned boring but... The pilot, truly wasn't good--this is one time I'm with the majority of the critics.

(SFK got it right--the more the actors seem to be directed to behave "realistically" the less real it feels)

I cannot believe ABC gave this a full season pick up before airing the pilot--I bet they're regretting it...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am glad to see a thread about this show. When I saw the previews, I thought that this would be something I would be interested in. I think it has a "Reunion" type of feel to it. And I do like that we get to learn/see what happened to the characters lives in the course of 10 years. So far my favorite character is Kenneth.I think he's likeable and I have sympathy for him, wanting a family,but being infertile. I am interested in seeing what happens with this show.

• Administrator

Another good show that is gone! :( All the new shows I like are being cancelled (first Lone Star now MG) - Undercovers could be next. *sigh*

:(

Oh well, the guy who marketed this show was fired by Paul Lee - which was one of his first move as the ABC boss.

Archived