Living Single

Eric83

• Members

Gossip Girl has never lived up to its hype, as OC never did. The show was never going to be a big hit, the demos were supposed to be the main strength, but even those can't be THAT good when the overall ratings are so terrible.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They didn't cancel those for Dawson's Creek. DC had already been on for two seasons by the spring of '99. Sister, Sister, really, had reached its shelf-life by that point, and the Mowry sisters were ready to be more independent (the whole final season or two just screams "I've got my style!!".....literally, listen to the theme song). Smart Guy was never a big hit, even by WB's then-standards. The Wayans Bros. deserved at least two or three more seasons as it was better than The Jamie Foxx Show and The Steve Harvey Show, and they both lasted until the early '00s.

The WB, IMO, had a good mix and was it's best from around 1997 until 2000. That's when they had the most variety in regards to genres, target audiences, etc.

FOX, on the other hand? Once we hit Y2K, they just stopped giving a damn about anyone but young white males. Idol is their "family" show and that's it.

• Members

I know they weren't cancelled for Dawson's Creek, I meant to say that once that show took off they dropped those sitcoms to go chase after the audience Dawson's Creek was bringing in, and began to push shows like Dawson's Creek, 7th Heaven, Angel, Charmed, etc. into the forefront while their sitcoms faded into oblivion.

LMAO at all those specials...

When Animals Go Wild

Busted & Disgusted

Weddings From Hell

:lol: Fox was such a mess then.

And let's not forget stupid shows like My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee' :rolleyes:

Archived