Y&R: Popular African-American Actress Returns

• Members

"That black storyline"? Really? LOL!

Number one, reading between the lines, it seems like TLW (and probably others) have questioned MAB and Rauch's decision to hire McCrary. And number two? Malcolm is SUPPOSED to be off-camera, making sandwiches. So there. :-P

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Absolutely...it is in such stark contrast to the Bell/Alden/Smith (and yes though it pains me to admit it) LML days. There wasn't so much of a distinction, from my view there was no 'Black storyline'...there were just excellent black actors working with decent, thoughtful, writing.

Back in the 90s, we had Mamie warring with Jill and Neil, Dru, Malcolm, Olivia, Nathan, Keesha having actual storylines that weren't islanded unto themselves.

It's vile, the show has gone to absolute sh*t.

• Members

Malcolm lied when he said Olivia told him about Lily's cancer. It's that and another secret they haven't revealed. Just will highlight how ridiculous Olivia and the rest of the family's absence is. Malcolm, Darius or not, deserved a HUGE, well promoted return with tons of screentime. And Olivia should've been a critical part of it. Now he's so marginalized I can't even be mad at the recast bc he's been given NOTHING to even attempt.

Archived