March 29 - April 2, 2010

Toups

• Members

THE PLAN TO SAVE DAYS part 3044

1) I Love Vivian-stop having all her scenes with just but quick whips to carly...and the bickering ...just have her do something and get away with it...or move her to another story...

2=those boring kids gabby bla bla get rid of them

3) i like this new women chads mom....if she turns out to be Kates long lost sister GREAT!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. I support DAYS and am glad they have pulled through this past year, but honestly, I have not been a daily viewer for just about a whole year now. And the past few weeks I haven't watched one episode all the way through. It's just boring, bland, blah. And yes, those teens are duds and the Daniel/Carly/Melanie insta-family just doesn't work. But I'll still support this show until it dies out. Definitely looking forward to all the returns for Alice's goodbye!

• Members

I'm not surprised about Days at all. It's hasn't fallen anywhere near as far or as fast as OLTL but it's stories have been slowly falling apart for a while now and there's just nothing going on that really works in a big way.

They don't seem to be building a web like they did last year with the baby switch and that's what made the story work so well: the build-up. There isn't a single compelling or rootable front-burner couple left on the whole show. All the positives right now are small nuggets. Like Sami/Will's fights, Victor's one-liners, Maggie's struggle, and the surprisingly awesome Stefano/Kate marriage. But none of them can carry the show, especially when they all have such a tiny amount of airtime compared to the EJ/Sami trainwreck with clueless Rafe in the middle. If they were gonna do this crap again, they could've just kept Lucas as the other leg of the triangle. At least he and Sami had history and some chemistry together. Practically everything involving Carly's return to Salem has been horrible but the insta-family with Daniel and the increasingly unbearable Melanie is even more pathetic than Bo's unforgivably dismissive treatment of Hope and Ciara. Centering the whole show on whiny Sami, pitiful Carly, and infantile Melanie is a big mistake.

Hopefully Alice's memorial and the returns attached to it will bring some shake-up.

• Members

I’m not surprised – I predicted GH & Days would switch spots this week. I’m very happy about the rising numbers for GH and the plummeting ones for Days – both have earned their results. Days has lost in total viewers for 7 weeks in a row now. The quality of the show has been poor for a long time but it managed to lure viewers in through various gimmicks like staggering in returning/exiting veteran characters. Plus some of the recent storyline turns are more of the same stuff that has always lost viewers in the past (i.e., EJ/Sami). GH on the other hand, is capable of putting out several overlapping storylines at the same time that are all well developed and actually go somewhere rather than being dropped in the middle. I esp. appreciate the job that GH has done with the Kristina story, very well told, very well acted and a realistic, responsible handling of a serious matter. Good Job GH! GH may not be making big, fast gains but it has a solid foundation and consistently puts together a polished, professional and most importantly, entertaining product.

While GH is slowly making gains, Days is suffering big, quick losses - a drop of more than 700,000 in total viewers from where it was the week of Feb. 8th. This week there is only a 180,000 difference between Days and OLTL in total viewers and Days lost 189,000 viewers in this week alone. Another week like this and Days will fall below OLTL. Not saying that will happen, only demonstrating the extent of Days drop.

• Members

I guess. LOL

I was mainly talking about people going back to their jobs now that all the winter weather has subsided.

DAYS had 3.3 millions viewers one week in February during the winter weather, and now they're all the way down at 2.5 million. The show isn't that bad, it's obviously people going to back to work, school, etc.

I think that will defenitely get numbers back up. If not for that, then DAYS would be in serious trouble. But NBC needs to promote the Alice tribute and all these big returns.

• Members

Ok, what kind of an excuse is this!! :lol: Isn't the idea here is for soaps to be so COMPELLING that they would make us want to rush home to watch or rush online to watch or grab anything to watch. They clearly are not doing that. There is no way my spanking new iPad is going to be infected by CBS soaps LOL . And really B&B the #2 soap with a 2.2 rating is beyond pathetic.

I seriously hope that CBS is planning some undercover operation of getting their own production team together to produce their own soaps because what the Bells are cranking out for them is utter sh&tz!!! And I would imagine the Bells are more profitable than CBS is right now. Those wonderful demos they seem to riding on or counting on will only last that long before everyone catches on.

Well Month #1 of countdown operation cancellation has passed, now Month 2.

Archived