Y&R: Potpourri Thread 6

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK. I'll go there after all these years of being silent on the issue. I choose door #3. 1) DS had absolutely no range. From the day she came on started calling Daniel "Baby". Please. Her reaction to finding out who her real father was. Flat. 2) CK is just boring. I liked her when she first came, but now I FF thru everything. Yuk. She should be far more mature based on the character's relationships. There are plenty of wonderful actresses who could play the child of Dru & Malcolm, but raised by Neil. Keep in mind, if they don't write her as a sassy adult, it doesn't really matter.

• Members

& CK never had range. DS had more range in her little stunt then CK will ever have in her years on Y&R. DS played Dru daughter who hang around tough kids in Paris. & they do have tough kids in Paris. The only way I can see CK Lily hanging around these kids if they work as her servants.

Maybe if they didn't already gave Lily an history before she was even seen I probably would have excepted Valley Girl Lily. But it will still be hard for me to believe Dru raise such a girl. No backbone, weak mind, no sassy, no fire, & nothing going for her but what man she can bed. I always thought Dru would raise her Daughter to be a go getter.

• Members

& CK does, don't make me laugh. Matter of fact thanks for the laugh. DS look more like Dru then Osama Scotty Pippin will ever look like. Matter of fact CK doesn't look like a Winters or a Baber. Eat those apples.

I'm still laughing CK can pass for Dru daughter. Now i know that the writers aren't the only one high who brought CK on as Dru daughter. Anway I didn't mention anything about looks I said no fire & no backone I'm talking about traits in attitude. At least DSLily wanted something more then being married.

• Members

+1

See, what I think EVERYONE is agreed upon (except maybe Jay) is the need for a Lily recast, and a reconceptualization of the character when they do it.

Lily has had a horrible string of experiences. She should be hardened, bitter. Instead, Khalil chooses to play her from the place that she herself lives at (blessed days, prayer, power of positivity). While that positively works well for Khalil (more power to her!), it's not a viable part of Lily's backstory. So, instead, all we see is someone who is relentlessly and ridiculously chirpy (grinning like a fool after shaving her hair off in chemotherapy)...AND THAT DOESN'T WORK.

It's NOT the writing (only). It's the fault of an actress who is unwilling to go dark places. (I'm suddenly aware puns could be made with that last sentence, but I didn't intend this).

• Members

Osama Scotty Pippin? Who is Osama Scotty Pippin? And what is a Baber?

Learn write sentence. Sentence are your friend. Sheesh.

She reminds me a little of Anne Frank, who in the worst of times was able to say what she said about the essential goodness of people. Lily just isn't a bitter person. She's never been bitter. I guess that's part of why I like her.

Uh-huh. She's one of the only characters on the show who is likeable.

Archived