Y&R: Potpourri Thread 6

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

& that's why Osama Scotty Pippin doesn't fit. First of all Dru said she had a hard time handling Lily. That's Lily darkness right there. But no we get this Valley girl who I see Dru having no problem handling. The way Dru drag CKlily away from Daniel while she calling for her man help that time. I laugh at the thought Valley Girl giving Dru an hard time. The way DSLily fought Dru for not letting Dru drag her out of Brad house that time. I Thought I wonder how DSLily would have played in that scene with Daniel. I can see her walking out on her own terms & not calling for her man help. Now that's the Lily I saw giving Dru an hard time in Paris.

• Members

It was.

More often than not I skip Mo's post because I just can't be bothered to decipher them — I have no patience. That is my fault, not Mo's. DeeeDee can, obviously, do it without any additional effort, which is just great.

• Members

Yeah I never liked DS's version of Lily, she was trying to be to much like Dru, and that is not what the dynamics of how the Lily/Dru relationship was imo. Lily is supposed to be a combo of both Dru and Neil, and CK def did that well during her first tenure as Lily. I dont like MAB's version of Lily now.

• Members

Do you understand this sentence I don't know if I consider what you just said as Racist. But when did Davetta ever talked Jive. Dru talk more slang then Davetta Sherwood Lily ever could.

Dru would never raised anybody that talked Valley girlish. You can take that to the bank. Rather DSLIly talked Jive that how Dru raised her. Dru can throw in slang here and there so can Shemar Malcolm. DS was moretheir daughter more then whatever CK think she was doing.

• Members

Davetta grew into the role, but when she first started, she was horrible. She wasn't the greatest actress, but she looked fine as Dru and Neil's daughter.

Now, there's definitely better young African American actresses out there than her and certainly better ones out there than Khalil.

TIIC just don't care though...

• Members

See, it's tough, because a lot of people would say that I don't look or "talk black" even though that's largely my upbringing. I could buy the CK or the DS versions of Lily to be honest with you, what I take issue with is CK's apparent rejection or apathy towards her character's roots/family connection, and namely her MOTHER (though, didn't VR give her the business when they worked together?). I think CK is the kind of actress who would annoy a great many regardless of her role, and I think that the fact that she plays Dru's dorter only magnifies that.

Archived